A Detailed Description of the Difficulty Rating System

bump

6 Likes

Do the negative numbers mean the easiness of a mistake?

3 Likes

Negatives mean that as you approach -10 it gets easier for mobile users.

4 Likes

I suppose that makes some sense

4 Likes

Lol imagine some one makes a guide to something you need in the game ur making and it says this
How to make a animation in gimkit creative[:infinity:]

5 Likes
5 Likes

Not quite infinity but pretty close, hm?

4 Likes
4 Likes

Tbh I think we should stick with the cryptoraiders system, it’s simpler for new users to understand

3 Likes

How about we get rid of decimal emojis, multiple dimensions, complex numbers, and the white difficulty. We keep blue, green, yellow, orange, red, purple, and black.

8 Likes

Yeah that makes sense

3 Likes

But it is fun to design a ridiculously complex rating system

5 Likes

i kinda want to make a google doc about it but i dont wanna risk leaking my email

7 Likes

Do you have a junk email?

2 Likes

You can use that to have us email you our emails and then you can make the google doc or something

Is your home account with your real data or online data?

2 Likes

ooh online data.

i think i’ll make a document that’s not from google docs or something

5 Likes

it was satirical, mostly nobody used or was going to use it genuinely, and it was a joke on how people are adding more difficulties for no reason like white, blue, and black. but yeah, i do prefer the old system of just :green_square::yellow_square::orange_square::red_square::purple_square: because its simpler (a rating out of 10 can be split into 5 groups easily), and tbh difficulties shouldnt exceed the denominator, no matter how difficult it is compared to other guides since that’s why it exists anyways, to put a maximum. it’s somewhat hard to visualize what a guide would be as a 0/10, let alone an 11/10, and although it does provide more ways to express the difficulty of something, that’s not the goal of that system. new users should be able to estimate how hard a guide is easily based off of the color with minimal use of another guide. we don’t really need a somewhat complicated rating system that’s only getting more complicated overtime. maybe im just a bit critical but it does break accessibility, and if you REALLY wanted to express how difficult a guide is, you could also provide a warning or also a number rating.

6 Likes

But…what about this?

I’m joking, the original system is much easier… Also, imagine living in the 9th dimension…

4 Likes

May I inquire what the 9th dimension is?

2 Likes

Me too

1 Like