A complete guide on checkers

In this guide, you will learn everything you need to know about checkers.

g1

Contents:

What is a checker?

A checker is a device that can check for various types of things. Its main uses include checking if someone has enough of something before purchasing, and checking if someone has an item to enter a room.

What can it do?

Checkers can check for 3 types of things: items, scores, and properties. When checking an item, it checks for:

• The selected item in their inventory
  • Having the right amount of that item

Checking scores and properties will check for the selected score/property being equal to, greater than, or less than a selected number.

Wiring & Transmition

There is one input and two outputs that a checker can have. The checker can be activated, and will give an output based on whether or not the checks have failed. When wiring something out of it, you can chose either “check has passed” or “check has failed.”

This can be used to create data gates. Two passes make an and, while just two wires make an or.

Examples

There are many things you can do with a checker. Here are some guides that use a checker:

How to make a Crafting System

How to make a Locked Door

How to make players drop health on death

How to make a breath Meter

I hope you learned something from looking at this, and most of all, thanks for reading!

7 Likes

Nice guide! Is it okay if I link this into TUGTED?

1 Like

Yes, you can do that!

1 Like

TUGTED? Excuse me, but what’s that?

The
Ultimate
Guide
To
Every
Device

EVERY DEVICE… that’s ambitious… how many users make guides on the forum nowadays… Is this relatively achievable?

1 Like

This is a collab post that like almost all helpers tried working on (lots gave up, like me).

2 Likes

I’ll check it out. Someone wanna onebox it to me?

Just look it up in the search bar.

Oh wow, this is good!

• 1/10
  • 2/10
  • 3/10
  • 4/10
  • 5/10
  • 6/10
  • 7/10
  • 8/10
  • 9/10
  • 10/10
  • 11/10
0 voters

My opinion on checkers is forever ruined because of how buggy they were pre-September. To be honest, checkers have a TON of potential, however:

• I’m overexaggerating
  • I’m too lazy to do GKC
1 Like