Zone/Trigger delay

Devices like triggers and zones always have a delay of 0.5 - 1 seconds, even with the delay set to blank. Is there a way to fix this?

1 Like

Can you set it to zero seconds?

1 Like

Yes, but it still delays.

1 Like

Did you try refreshing?

1 Like

Yep, it delays every time. My wifi is normal tho.

1 Like

Hmmm, it seems to work for me. You talked about zones, so the delay occurs for nearly all devices right?

1 Like

Zones and triggers has the most delays for me.

1 Like

It might be lag. How much memory does your map take up? It might also be that gimkit servers are being weird in your area

1 Like

1 Like

Oof. It’s probably the website itself then. Make sure you don’t have any other tabs open.

That’s literally why I created this post. I’m asking to see if there’s any way to fix this.

1 Like

Try using a trigger that has a delay of 2 seconds or something. Does it delay for 2 seconds or are there extra second(s) of delay?

2 Likes

Delay for 2 seconds.

1 Like

You can actually notice the delay from the trigger animation.

1 Like

That means lag/wifi isn’t the problem. I’m not sure how to fix it, but there might be workarounds. What are you using those devices for?

1 Like

I’m trying to make it so when I enter a tunnel it slows you down until you exit the tunnel. I’m using zones and speed modifiers.

1 Like

Maybe you can use teleporters so when you are teleported to the entrance of the tunnel your speed gets modified and vice versa

1 Like

I’m trying to make the tunnel it Pac-man where it slows the ghosts down. You’re supposed to move into the tunnel, not teleport to it.

1 Like

I meant that right before the entrance of the tunnel you can have a teleporter that teleports you to the actual entrance of it, if you know what I mean. So the teleporters are right next to each other.
Untitled

2 Likes

See the delay when I enter the tunnel?

1 Like