Which is faster: Channels or Wires?

They are fast but I think channels are faster, and if not I will still use them because wires take memory and can get confusing or cover parts of the map. Also there was a glitch with one of my maps where wires didn’t work, (I know weird) but anyways I had to switch basically 80 wires to channels (that was a fun day! :angry:) so I will stick with channels because sometimes channels are slower, (they literally did NOT work so like 0 fastness).

I encourage you to search up AUO. A better measure of speed is using the seconds passed block, and looking at the hundredths place.

2 Likes

i did

Did you account for AUO? Like Rithekd said, if you used the seconds in game block in both notifications, then triggered the trigger, then reverse the order of connection (from wire first channel second to the other way around) and see if one is faster than the other.

well than can u make a separate wiki topic with experiments like these??

Yeah, but due to Advanced Update Order, I’m assuming he made the wire (in-game) before making the channel. Since wires and channels are different and it’s not just wires vis-a-vis wires, I don’t know how accurate it may be, but I do know that a channel getting triggered 0.01 seconds after won’t make it at all defective or worse. I don’t think anyone of them are faster or slower than the other, I just think it’s based on when you made them. I could be wrong though.

2 Likes

For a test, we could do
wires:
6 triggers, 1 notification
wire each trigger to the next, the last trigger to the notification. (0 second trigger delay)
channels:
6 triggers, 1 notification
6 channels.

I guess this could help.

Yeah that would be nice. However, I have concerns about whether the delay is so smal that it would indecipherable from AUO.

1 Like

To detect delay, either:

increase the amount of triggers (to 300 or something)

or write a program to track the time of when either notification is released.

The highest we can go is 300, I think, because of the wire cap.

1 Like

There’s a wire cap???!

By wire cap, I mean the amount of signals a device can send in one second before gimkit’s servers stop it.

2 Likes

Actually

If you get suspended, the following will happen:

TL3 → TL2 (One trust level down)
Locked TL3 → TL3 ~ you were locked on this trust level
TL2 → TL2
TL1 → TL1
Locked TL → same TL
Sometimes, moderators will set your trust level to 0 if you misbehave
If you are inactive after 50 days, it’s certain you will be demoted, but your trust level cannot dip under TL2. That is, if your TL3 status is locked, you will remain on TL3 after being inactive for 50 days.
Only moderators can lock your trust level or edit your trust level.

2 Likes

@NotYoyo look at the pastel

you’ve said that already on another topic.

that is off-topic.
stop please

this is off topic. please make comments about the topic, not trust levels

you should have just said it to me

huh what do you mean

Honestly, we don’t really care about which one is faster, because the time it takes is so short that it isn’t noticeable

We do care however the amount of lag it causes, so let’s test for that instead.

3 Likes

just reply the experiment and ill put your name and experiment in

Cuz idk how to do it :)(

1 Like