What should our next device be?

and these simpler solutions make it more straightforward and can lead to more complex systems instead of doing 1k things at a time

2 Likes

Like any good rule, there should always be exceptions, but this is my general view on gimkit and it’s devices.

2 Likes

yeah but it also kinda defeats the point of the accessibility thing the gimkit team was talking abt, i mean you can always recreate something if you feel like it

2 Likes

gtg, talk tommorrow

2 Likes

cya

2 Likes

I think that adding new devices to simplify processes like @kyro said is fine, however, me and 12-15 other people spent our summer learning how to make a crazy variety of stuff with 38 devices. I just don’t want new processes added so fast that nobody knows what to do, and the “helper” is replaced with the “elder novice” as people try to figure out how 20 new devices work.

6 Likes

This poll has gone for a long while, it’ll most likely get locked soon so get your final thoughts out

3 Likes

Not really the same thing. Making a crafting system is pretty simple, making bitwise operations is just pure pain.

6 Likes

Josh, thanks for adding Gimkit Creative, and looking at our suggestions! Keep it up! I wanted to make my own games in Gimkit since that was my dream!

Although i prefer the Damage Modifier AND the crafting device. But since i can’t pick any multiple choices, i prefer the damage modifier would be really good.

Crafting would be a nice feature, but there is a way to farm, just there isn’t a menu yet. Although a farming device would sound great!, since i can’t do these farming things mechanics.

Sounds are WHAT PEOPLE WANTED. They wanted music in their games, like what you and your team did. If we had sounds, this would be great since now there wouldn’t be a cool music thing instead of silence during a battle royale game.

Again, Josh, the things you added into Gimkit makes the community so surprised and really happy. I was REALLY happy when Gimkit Creative was realised since i could build my One Way Out - Snowbrawl version, although i had to delete it because of 1 kit ;-;. Anyways, keep the work up, Josh! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum, @thepotato1!

Before voting or after, i recommend you reading beginner-must-read. That tag means the guides that Beginners of the forums need to read!
Also, please note to not post any codes here, since new users commonly post their code to help. I hope you understand :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The thing is, you can’t make music without pitches. We don’t know if there are pitches.

4 Likes

idk though, josh did state that gkc was catered towards beginners i think, it wouldn’t make sense to put in more work with smth of a similar result w/ smth easier. if you wanna solve complex problems and create certain systems, thats up to u, but i think ppl should kinda expect new devices similar to these (especially since crafting since i think it was either stated that itd happen or highly likely to happen) to be added and new users shouldn’t have their experience hindered because ppl more familiar with gkc disagree since “they put in more effort.”

it really is important tho to make sure everyone has an equal experience, and adding crafting is a fine medium because familiar users don’t have to use it iykwim

5 Likes

"i aint readin all that :yawning_face: " - probably most ppl

2 Likes

Well I did. :nerd_face::nerd_face:

5 Likes

tyty glad someone actually reads the posts i make

4 Likes

I don’t think Josh will make it easier to make bitwise operations and/or stuff like that since GKC is aimed towards students that have not much/no experience to coding.

6 Likes

i do somewhat get what you mean though because that is an actual limitation, if u implemented it on ur own, itd lag, but also its like trying to think in the 4th dimension

but from another standpoint based directly your own sentence, smth like that might be fairly easy for you because “you are already in the 4th dimension” but someone relatively new wouldn’t know how to do it that well because “they’re in the 3rd dimension, therefore cant think in the 4th dimension unless they transcend into the 4th dimension”

5 Likes

yeah

2 Likes

The fact that even GKC is more limited than Scratch tells you something.

5 Likes

reads the whole comment

4 Likes