What could these blocks be used for?

who pinged who? I don’t see that on the last few replies. Never mind, i see it.

1 Like

I thought they would know since they seem to know advanced block code.

How so? I don’t know how it could be applied to the code I am using currently.

Sqrt is obvious, and trig functions are periodic, so you can make something with it. I don’t know any examples with trig functions though.

Please see the code above. How would one of those functions make my code better?
I could definitely use the round functions.

Refer to Text Operations, it was meant to be used to remove certain letters or as a modulo, in this case, you wouldn’t really need to use it. (Look at the backspace section or the blockcode that is under “Modulo”)

1 Like

It would be applied to the code you’re currently using… Don’t use things just for the sake of using them.

It might be useful in the future though. So in meantime I’ll just leave the code be.

I have some more blocks that I am curious about. What could the is even block be used for? I don’t see a use for that for now other than creating a better version of the RNG. Also what can the length of string text be used for? What are its applications in code?

The best answer is easily math.

Is even block can be used to bypass the mod function (takes a ridiculous amount of blocks) for the special case of base 2. The length of string block has a potential to make text have a higher number storage capability. But it would be very cumbersome and impractical. The length of text would be useful if gimkit added text operations.

1 Like

I think they could be used in math operations.

Graphics engines, various calculations, rounding is INCREDIBLY useful, etc.

Like teapot said, 3d stuff requires a LOT of trig and matrices n stuff.

You could do continuous interest with e, etc.

3 Likes

The round block can be used for modular functions (I used it in my timer). It can also be used for basically the opposite of modular functions (floor(x/y)). Helpful for making looping functions.

2 Likes

well Rounding up would go with maybe the math you add to it so it would for example Round up 5 and it will round it

@here stop saying that these blocks can be used for math. That’s obvious. Bear was asking about more specific uses of these blocks.

4 Likes

Bro did you not read what I said above

Don’t reply if you are just going to be off topic and not contribute to the conversation. Get off if you are not going to contribute and don’t waste my time. I’m trying to learn not chat. I can tell that you clearly don’t know and are just goofing off.

7 Likes

THE BLOCKS YOU JUST MENTIONED HAVE MANY USES. LET’S GO THROUGH THE LIST.

• SQRT
    SQUARE ROOTS ARE USEFUL FOR DATA COMPRESSION, FINDING GEOMETRIC LENGTHS, ETC. THEY CAN BE USED FOR BASIC MATH, OBVIOUSLY, ESPECIALLY IF YOU NEED GRADUALLY DECAYING STUFF. I PERSONALLY USED SQUARE ROOTS IN A MOVEMENT ENGINE I WAS MAKING FOR ENERGY TO SPEED MAPPING.

• ABS
    THIS ONE IS USEFUL FOR ANYTHING WHERE YOU HAVE A PESKY NEGATIVE NUMBER THAT YOU WANT TO GET RID OF. ABSOLUTE VALUES ARE PRETTY MUCH A SINGLE USE THING, BUT THEY’RE MUCH EASIER THAN CHECKING IF A VALUE IS NEGATIVE THEN MULTIPLYING BY -1 IF SO.

• IM NOT SURE WHAT THE DASH IS FOR.

• LOGARITHMIC FUNCTIONS/E CAN BE USED IN A NUMBER OF THINGS, AND YOU CAN EMULATE ANY LOG FUNCTION BY USING THE CHANGE OF BASE FORMULA. THEY CAN BE USED FOR CONTINUOUS COMPOUNDING INTEREST FUNCTIONS, AND MORE GENERALLY DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS AS A WHOLE. THEY’RE USED FOR COMBINATORICS TOO. THEY CAN BE USED WHEN TRYING TO SOLVE ANY EQUATIONS WITH VARIABLES AS EXPONENTS, WHICH IM SURE IS IMPORTANT IN SOME CASE.

• TRIG FUNCTIONS
    YOU CAN USE THESE FOR A LARGE NUMBER OF THINGS. WHO THOUGHT 8TH GRADE MATH WOULD BE USEFUL LOL
    COMPLEX GEOMETRY IS ALWAYS USEFUL. YOU CAN FIND THE LENGTH OF A TRIANGLE’S ASYMPTOTE, FIND LENGTHS OF THINGS FOR CALCULATIONS INVOLVING COORDINATES, USE IT IN 3D OR 2D RENDERING ONCE AGAIN TO FIND DISTANCE OF THINGS, ETC. YOU CAN USE THEM FOR TRIANGULATION, TO GENERATE CIRCLES, DATA GENERATION FOR GRAPHING, THE LIST GOES ON AND ON.

• ROUNDING
    ROUNDING IS UNIMAGINABLY USEFUL IN SO MANY THINGS. GIMKIT, LIKE ANY OTHER PROGRAM, IS SUBJECT TO FLOATING POINT ERRORS, AND HAVING A 2.0000000000000004 SHOWING UP ON A GAME OVERLAY ISN’T GOING TO SEEM TOO PROFESSIONAL. AS SUCH, IF WE CONSTANTLY ROUND THINGS, WE’RE SET. WE CAN EVEN USE MULTIPLICATION TO ROUND IT TO CERTAIN DECIMALS. ROUNDING IS USEFUL IN FLOOR AND CEILING DIVISION, WHICH IS A BIG CS CONCEPT THAT COMES UP IN A LOT OF SURPRISING PLACES, AND THE LIST KEEPS GOING.

FOR THOSE WHO WOULD COMPLAIN ABOUT THE CAPS

I CANT CONTROL IT, MY CAPS LOCK KEY IS BROKEN AND I CANT MAKE LETTERS LOWERCASE. PLEASE BE PATIENT, AND PLEASE DON’T REPLY TO THIS SAYING ‘STOP USING CAPS’ OR ‘BUSTED’ OR WHATEVER YOU THINK IS FUNNY. IT ISN’T.

9 Likes

The dash might be for nothing. Since usually in comparison charts the dash means that the compared item or product doesn’t have this feature. So maybe the dash is just a filler block.

1 Like

hmmm alright then uh… It could work a randomised function for rounding up