What could these blocks be used for?

There are these blocks in the block code menu that have these features:
How would they be used in a game? I have often overlooked these blocks, but I am sure that they can be extremely useful in certain scenarios.
For example, the round block could be used to round floats or decimals. However, I have no idea where the sin and square root blocks could be applied other than a calculator similar to what @Blackhole927 made.

Pinging Block Code People

@getrithekd @Shdwy @teapot @semicolon

IF YOU HAVE NO IDEA PLEASE DO NOT REPLY AND SAY I DON’T KNOW
IT WON’T HELP, AND IT WILL JUST BE CLUTTER.
I DO NOT WANT TO EXPLAIN
AND DONT TELL ME STUFF LIKE
OH YEAH IT CAN BE USED FOR MATH
I KNOW THAT
I WANT TO KNOW OTHER USES THOUGH

Well maybe if you need to calculate things for advanced gkc maps

Square root coul dbe used for a function that needs to be simplified to a certain number of players like 27 players in a lobby and only 9 can become a zombie. Round would be for a percise number that could be to large to fit in a counter, like 200k. ANd sin, I have no idea what that means.

Rounding is very useful for mod functions and text screens.

1 Like

All the trig functions are vital for 3d projection or mapping, rounding could be used on mechanisms that require logarithms and sqrt root can be used for finding the nearest object distance between the camera and an array of objects in 3d space (important in painter’s algorithm or z-buffers in 3d projection)

Look. No one uses sqrt to do that. They divide by a number and round. Square roots are mostly just for computation in maybe score forumlas. Other than that, idk. Also the same for the trig functions.

1 Like

See, I woun’t have known that, but hey, whatever.

Why did you ping semicolon? This isn’t code related. They are useful for rendering and encryption.

who pinged who? I don’t see that on the last few replies. Never mind, i see it.

1 Like

I thought they would know since they seem to know advanced block code.

How so? I don’t know how it could be applied to the code I am using currently.

Sqrt is obvious, and trig functions are periodic, so you can make something with it. I don’t know any examples with trig functions though.

Please see the code above. How would one of those functions make my code better?
I could definitely use the round functions.

Refer to Text Operations, it was meant to be used to remove certain letters or as a modulo, in this case, you wouldn’t really need to use it. (Look at the backspace section or the blockcode that is under “Modulo”)

1 Like

It would be applied to the code you’re currently using… Don’t use things just for the sake of using them.

It might be useful in the future though. So in meantime I’ll just leave the code be.

I have some more blocks that I am curious about. What could the is even block be used for? I don’t see a use for that for now other than creating a better version of the RNG. Also what can the length of string text be used for? What are its applications in code?

The best answer is easily math.

Is even block can be used to bypass the mod function (takes a ridiculous amount of blocks) for the special case of base 2. The length of string block has a potential to make text have a higher number storage capability. But it would be very cumbersome and impractical. The length of text would be useful if gimkit added text operations.

1 Like

I think they could be used in math operations.