Using The Infinite Choice System For RPGS

So, I don’t know about you, but I love Dungeons & Dragons. It’s one of my favorite games. And when Baldur’s Gate III came out (A D&D video game with up to 36,390 possible routes you could take. So, what am I going to be covering in this guide? Well, I’m going to bl0w your mind. So, if you have 1 popup. Then you connect it to two other popups, one for each call to action. THEN, connect each of those popups to 2 OTHER POPUPS, it could go to infinity, and an infinite amount of popups; an infinite amount of CHOICES. So, what if you make an entire game around this choice-making? Sounds a lot like an RPG, if you know what I mean. Just a thought.
This was a very short guide, and it really wasn’t much of a guide; just an idea. But all big inventions, and all big buisnesses, or in this case, an amazing Gimkit game, starts with a single idea. I hope you’ve enjoyed this journey into human choice, (LOL) and I hope this has inspired you to make a game similar to what I have been rambling about. I am really wanting to make an RPG one of these days, so keep a watch out for that. I hoped you’ve enjoyed this quick guide, and happy Gimkiting!

I know that short guides are fine and all, but there’s a difference between a guide and an idea. As you mentioned, this is much more of the latter, so this should go in the Devices category, which is where you can post concepts and ideas and then develop them out. Guides should only be made if you actually “guide” the user through making something. You can’t just post a general idea and be done with it. I’m gonna move this post to devices, please don’t move it back.

Thanks!

6 Likes

Oooooh! I always wondered what the Devices category is for. I will say, I agree with you, @Blackfox45666, it would take a lot of time. But, I’m already in progress of making a game, I call the Decider. I’ll probably unveil it later next week, it’ll take a while

1 Like