Uploading videos to the forum

Videos can be uploaded to the forum. However, the forum has a few flaws. For one, you can only upload images to the forum. See below.

For two, you have to resort to an alternative method.

Methods:

Discord

1. Go to your personal server.
  2. Send a video by using the media feature.
  3. Share the link to the media.
    Do note the upload limit, but it is definitely better than Discourse.

Result:

YouTube

1. Upload the video you want to share to YouTube. Keep it unlisted, unless you want outsiders to view your video.
  2. Share the video link.

Result:

Have any other methods? Feel free to add in the replies.

9 Likes

Great guide @twofoursixeight, i was wondering how to add a video, i had a person ask me how to and i didn’t know how, now i do.

4 Likes

This is pretty cool!

2 Likes

I know right, never would have thought.

2 Likes

Thank you! This is very helpful and useful!

2 Likes

I think I saw someone using drive to do it but idk how to

1 Like

Google sites, upload videos there, post the link.

1 Like

Yeah, but if you use google drive, and people click on the video, it “shares” the video with them, and then they can go to the “shared with me” tab in google drive, and see the name of the email that shared it with them, and if it was a school email, your name could be leaked! And, you can go to the “tools” section, and the “analytics dashboard” if you’re the owner of the video, and see the emails of everyone who viewed, which could also leak a name!!!

1 Like

Update:
Discord may not be used to store videos on the forum anymore, they will now have an expiration date.
See:

When the update pushes out, there goes all our links for media.

ba-bump.

This method no longer works due to the way Discord stores files in their CDN now.

i thought webp was a video format.

Use .webm for movies.* / videos*

1 Like