Unlocking New Areas

Concatenation would be better in this case! After setting the value of the variable, use this block instead of the string of if blocks: broadcast message on channel create text with random

I know someone who is working on that actually. He used zones to change barriers so that depending on the path he took the maze would change. He never finished it though :frowning:

1 Like

i’m making a mini version of it for a game so that’s where I got the idea.

I have no idea what that means but I will pretend to

I’m not bery good at coding so I’m actually surprised I was able to make a randomizer xD

1 Like

maybe this’ll help!

I had a hard time understanding at first so you’re not the only one!

2 Likes

Set random to random integer from 1 to 5
Broadcast Message On Channel variable: “random”
Use concatenation.
Oops. I didn’t see Kosm0-o.

2 Likes

Here is a good way (if you didn’t already know) of how to make the barriers only open when you have the item needed. This guide is really helpful.

Good luck with your game! :wink:

1 Like

she needs ideas for ways to unlock areas…

I like to use the door emoji in a text box and the lock emoji in a different text box on top of the door. I have a checker and a trigger that unlocks and opens the door if you have a certain key

Turn off PVP in the map settings, this’ll keep your students from committing mass studentcide.

Next, it’s a wee bit difficult to make custom items do custom things. Try using an invisible vending machine to unlock different rooms. I might make a guide on this soon, I’m not sure

For difficulty settings you can increase sentry health and damage per level to make it more immersive. Try adding some secrets for your students to find!