Trigger Activation Funnel

Oh. Just to alter the booleans in game?

Yeah very easy to see on and off inputs

I only see 3 triggers. Where’s the 4th trigger to trigger the one in the middle?

1 Like

It’s the button (I changed it so I can use player input)
PS:
you have to wire the thing a certain way or else it acts very weird due to AUO

1 Like

Genious, like literally.

1 Like

Ok. This system looks nice! I just used delays to avoid AUO. (I’m too lazy to place it in a certain way).

1 Like

If you’re using wires and worried about AUO, use wire repeaters. they cut the signal to the next tick.

1 Like

Yeah, but delays are just better. I just need a prototype before I design AUO.

1 Like

Well, I tried that and it didn’t work with my XOR gate well. (had to resort to AUO for that one)

1 Like

weird. I’d be surprised if that was a resolution issue, because unless you were switching around wires and channels, resolution wouldnt have been an issue.

it looks like you had repeaters on EVERY signal, but if a wire is hooked to a repeater hooked to a wire, its gonna have the same auo type effect as a wire hooked to a repeater hooked to a wire.

one wire needs to NOT have a repeater in order for it to work right, so that might’ve been the problem

1 Like

I don’t really recommend looking at the example above (I compressed the thing or else it would look like a mess), but here’s the expanded version of the OR gate:
Screenshot 2023-11-15 12.36.18 PM
I used the wire repeaters to reset counters when it reached a certain value or to reset a trigger when a trigger is activated for this example. But when I tried to use wire repeaters to set a certain action to happen on a different tick, AUO still applied to it, which messed with the output for the XOR gate (not this gate)

2 Likes

So basically, you encode the data into another trigger and then access that data later?

Yeah, but due to AUO I had to adapt some of my systems to happen through device to device AUO reactions/interactions so that they could actually work with the inputs or data. (Which can be seen here)

My system broadcasts on a channel at the end, instead of storing the data. Storing it might be a better idea… I could make it a wiki and we could have all of our systems there. Basically 3 phases: input, process, and output.

Yeah, broadcasting/sending a signal would be better than storing data since it would allow you to chain together gates like in real life
heres an example (flipflop circuit):Digital Circuits - Flip-Flops
but I think that’s a little too advanced for a gimkit… Well unless we have the greatest minds working on it lol.

There is no such thing as ‘too advanced for gimkit’ :stuck_out_tongue:

i feel dirty using that emoji idek why

This topic was automatically closed 3 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.