Tree "chopping" game idea

So, I’m making a medieval map, and I decided to put a tree in it. Then I thought, "Hey! I can make it to where you can chop down the tree((** and die**) from the Lorax), you could make a game out of this! It’d basically be like Fishtopia, but you chose to be a lumberjack instead. You could make it to where there was a ‘wood’ property or something and trade the wood for money, but it could also be more like a contest to see who can chop down the most trees.

Tell me if the screenshot didn’t load

So, you could make it to where Prop Destroyed(Tree) → Show Prop(Stump), and then whatever you wanted to do with it; You could even do a Once-ler theme and make the point of the game to chop down as many trees as you can without finding a tree with the Lorax in it.

13 Likes

Nice First Guide and welcome to the community, @Trasch!

1 Like

Nice guide! Also welcome to forums @Trasch! Remember to read the community guidelines, beginner-must-read, new-user-must-read! Also you might want to remove your name from your pofile.

2 Likes

Noiiiice! Great first guide! (Too bad there isn’t a wood item…)

I mean you could use pseudo-inventories but yeah it isn’t possible yet, maybe the update will come with custom images

1 Like

Welcome to the forum and great guide!

That isn’t my name, actually
I would never put my actual name😆

2 Likes

Nice Guide! Perfect scene for a forest, us humans love cutting trees. :smiley: It’s definitely a benefiting action four our planet. :+1:

6 Likes

for
Yeah, as long as it’s not deforestation(cough Once-lercough)

1 Like

I had a idea like this, on my island survival game. Sadly, it was almost impossible to duplicate it because wires don’t duplicate. (also, bump)

1 Like

Channels do duplicate when you copy a device though.
(If you’re confused what I mean by this is when you copy a device with a channel, the copied device’s channel will still have that channel from the original device.)

I know this, but if I used channels, the whole forest would be chopped down and you would gain a ton of wood. Let’s get back on topic though

There is one type of item that is amazing for resource types: Seeds!

Examples

White Seed could be stone.
d19c777f733338dd840e68ef3a9051c291c0b2b6_2_125x125

Brown Seed could be wood/logs.
8024092ad17a5bcd710b2116cf6c48e8422aed98_2_125x125

Silver Seed could be iron.
bec712455d12583fa654071a81255cb72ccb277c_2_125x125

Dark Green Seed could be leaves or grass.
3b9e05d62645fa456c5d08421437dcee0ef36ebc_2_125x125

Etc.

Oh, actually that’s an awesome idea!

you know you should make a post about that

1 Like

alternatively you could layer the stump below the bottom of the tree and save like, 10 memory for wiring

Maybe I shall… Maybe…

This guide really helped me. I made a game where you chop trees.

wow that sounds extremely sarcastic

well la dee dah chop chop

No, actually, check the link in my bio. @Trasch