Tips for saving memory

Hey, I’m looking to make the ultimate guide on how to save memory, and I want to compile everything anyone can think of. Do you guys have any ideas? (you will be cited in the guide)

2 Likes

Don’t use that many walls, use barriers if u run out

2 Likes

There’s some stuff at the bottom of my coder’s mindset guide.

3 Likes

Maybe try reading these guides (both very short):

4 Likes

If the player will never be able to see it (only applies to props and terrain) then it’s not needed. Corners are not needed. Wire repeaters take up 1/8 the memory of a trigger.

1 Like

Yeah, maybe try using camera views and cut off lots of walls? Might add more memory actually…

2 Likes

Only use camera views when necessary…

2 Likes

yeah, ive already found pretty much every resource there is on saving memory. thanks though!

1 Like

how would you use wire repeaters instead of a trigger? (and why)

1 Like

In a trigger clock, use one trigger and one wire repeater instead of two triggers. It uses 1 and 1/8 triggers of memory (48) instead of the usual two triggers (80 memory).

2 Likes

wait why would anyone use a trigger clock lol (also dont forget wire cost)

1 Like

couldnt you just chain the button signal so if it triggers channel ‘a’ when its pressed then it also deactivates on channel ‘a’ signals

sorry if im breaking down the example im just confused why anyone would chain with triggers (ig its still a useful tip ty both)

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s just examples and a comparison between Wire Repeaters and Triggers

1 Like

Have you found anything more with gimkit quantum mechanics?

1 Like

nope, still waiting on a reply from josh

hopefully i can find some tricky tricks tho :smiley:

1 Like

Ok. I’m gonna do some more research on it now.

1 Like

alright
probably not the place to talk about it but pls lemme know what you find

1 Like

You can just make a help post about it we can discuss it there

1 Like

Trigger clock are more versatile, use less memory than a repeater, and have no limits on how many you can place. They can also run block code in the repeater itself.

They are just better than a regular repeater in almost every way.

3 Likes

Make sure to change all of the floor in the map options

1 Like