Timers being the bane of my existence, part 4 of Infinity

If hill sawyer’s idea doesn’t work, you should make a variable for tiempo/60, since you use it a lot of times.

3 Likes

yeah, thats what i thought too.
It makes it a lot easier to see and understand.
Could you specicfy, what is the property seconds into game.
Is that the same thing as seconds into game, or did you set that property to something elese

Yeah, it’s just to edit the leaderboard.

So, yeah, I did some off-camera tinkering with this setup, and it always breaks and gets a floating point error at 60 seconds. Help?

what do you mean floating point? it just sort of sits in one spot or like spectator? This is not what i’m good at and i’m sort of confused by the question too.

ohkay…
(im not good at block code without seeing EVERYTHING)
So the rounding poit error happens at 60, so what if you make it so that efvery time it hits 60, it resets, then there is a 1 beside it showing how many minutes gone by

floating point error, 7.5 will become 7.000000000000000005
*guys, im in middle so is this what it means?)

3 Likes

I’m using the “Seconds in Game” block, so I can’t just reset it every 60 seconds. Unless…

Annoyingly hard block code time!

you can make a var and when == 60
set to 0

( i know this is another var, but it works…)

1 Like

@ClicClac ima experiment for a sec

Edit: thats not right.

SMART!
I was thinking that the if statment was wrong, but couldn’t see why, and i just kinda forgot about it.

1 Like

Ok! Great news! @hill_sawyer and @Epi320, you two didn’t have exactly what I did, but it works now!

Mostly.

The minute part of the timer doesn’t start at 0 for some reason. It starts at 14, and after a whole minute of timing, it then turns to 0. The floating point error is gone. Help? [1]

1. If you need to see the block code, I can provide a picture. ↩︎

What is your block code?

One second.

ik nothing about blocks… but I wish u good luck and hope u fix your issue :heart:

Besides having a million digits, is the timer roughly okay or is it completely different

I got rid of the floating point error. The minutes spent racing is messed up now though.

1 Like

What’s the “create text with” on “modddular” for?

At the top? It’s to prevent a block code error.