Timed Events, Opening Door (🟩)

This is a guide on how to make timed events such as opening a door when there is 30 seconds in the game.

What you will need:

• Lifecycle

• Trigger

First, you need to go to Options, Map Options, and make sure the game clock is turned on. For my example, It will be counting up. You can also make it count down as well.

Screenshot 2023-10-17 10.42.40 AM

Then you will need to get out a Lifecycle and double check it sends a signal on game start.
Screenshot 2023-10-17 10.36.36 AM

You will then need to bring out a trigger and wire the lifecycle to the trigger.

Then you need to click on the trigger, bringing up its options. Then you will want to change the following options, Triggered by Collision and Visible in Game to no.

Now, go and find the Trigger Delay Option. You can put the amount of seconds you want it to wait before it’s triggered. For me, I’m using 30 seconds.
Screenshot 2023-10-17 10.51.59 AM

Once you’ve done that, bring out a barrier and wire the trigger to the barrier like shown below.

There you have it! When it hits 30 seconds in-game, the barrier will deactivate, leaving the door open.

Hope This helped!
-J

3 Likes

Nice first guide and Welcome to the Community @Jerry!

1 Like

Nice first guide! Welcome to the forums, @Jerry !

Thank You! I really appreciate it!

Great guide! Welcome to the community!

Thank you all!
@GimAI /gimai_rate

Gimai is not active anymore.

Well that’s good to know, thanks :sweat_smile:

-J

By the way, there’s a rule in the TOS where you shouldn’t sign yourself under every post (like saying -J) so the posts are more organized/have less clutter. Just saying this so you are aware.

Nice first guide and welcome to the forum, @Jerry! Just so you know, you have your real name on your screenshots. I suggest you edit those out.

Welcome to the forum, @Jerry!!!