The Ultimate Guide to a Class system (Difficulty 2-8)

Why am I making a new guide for a class system?
The first one was too old to edit, and I wanted to make it more beginner-friendly.
So I have prepared a few different class systems, with each getting a bit harder and more comples, but with more features. Enjoy!
Quick note, all scopes will be set to player, so that might be why its broken \(^_^)./

First Type (Wire Spagiti warning)

This is gonna get messy, VERY messy
First, you will need a few buttons, all set to have the scope be player, the amount is how many classes you want, but no more than 6. Then you just need to wire them all up so when one is pressed, the rest deactivate. You can do the same with channels. Then wire some item granters to them with weapons inside, the you are done.
If you want to be able to change classes, you could set one of the buttons to re-activate all the buttons when pressed. You will also need to use channels to remove all the weapons using item granters set to grant negative items when the reset button is pressed
How it sould look with wire when its done (Without granters

Second Type (Selective Ammo types)

Start by placing X amount of buttons, with X being the amount of classes. Then you need to set all the buttons to activate when a channel is sent (Let’s use RB, for reset buttons) and to deactivate when a different channel is sent (CS, for a class selected). Then things get, more or less, complicated. Set the buttons to send a channel specific to the type of ammo its weapon uses, which would be:
HEAVY SHARDS (Channel will be HS):
Quantum Portal
Evil Eye
MEDIUM SHARDS (Channel will be MS):
Slingshot
Blaster
Wooden Wand
P.M.L
LIGHT SHARDS (Channel will be LS):
Zapper
SNOWBALLS C(hannel will be SB):
Snowball launcher
You will need 5 triggers for this part. One of the triggers will be set to trigger when HS is heard, one with MS, one with LS, and one with SB. They will all be wired to the fifth trigger to tell it to trigger when triggered. the fifth trigger will broadcast CS when triggered.
Then you will need 4 overlays, 4 item granters, and 4 questioners. Each overlay will have one of the Ammo channels set to them so they will activate when their ammo channel is broadcasted, and deactivate when RB is broadcasted. Then link them all up to their own questioners, and when a question is answered correctly to grant that type of ammo.
This is how it should look when its done (excluding buttons)

Thanks

1 Like

is this done yet? because you have like, a day or three to edit

Its basicly done, so if you got any suggestions tell me before the edit deadline is up

VERY INTERESTING. IS THERE A REASON YOU USE WEAPONS INSTEAD OF SETTING A PROPERTY, OR IS THAT JUST FOR A SPECIFIC TYPE OF GAME? OTHERWISE, THE SETTINGS SHOULD BE MOVEABLE BETWEEN GAMES.

NICE GUIDE!

YOU SHOULD USE CHANNELS :+1:

2 Likes

You had cap lock on, btw

Their caps lock is broken, so they have to type like that. And I think they know if they just look at their post.

cute guide

Spell Check

comples β†’ complex
spagiti β†’ spaghetti