The Ultimate Guide for Saving Memory

Found a great memory-saving trick:

Do block code inside notifications whenever possible. Not only can they have blocks for multiple channels, they take less memory than triggers.

2 Likes

lol that’s been there since the guide was made
ty tho

2 Likes

Is there anyway to replace zones?

1 Like

Triggers or lasers for small areas but they can also be replaced with large areas when you hit the memory limit.

2 Likes

I get the triggers, but lasers?

1 Like

Read this post

2 Likes

casually takes quote

memory-saving bump

NO NOT THE POTATOES STOP THROWING THAT also F for plagiarism? ARE YOU KIDDING ME-

2 Likes

The use blocks tip is kind of the opposite of true to be honest. Blocks are really good but are usually way more expensive than devices. Try to use devices unless blocks are unavoidable.

1 Like

yeah and blocks are 500 memory so if i used a trigger for blocks it would be 540 memory, way more than the time i used for working on homework most devices

fun fact: the wire repeater, the least memory-consuming device, is 0.01% the memory of a block

2 Likes

I meant in the context of things like logic gates. Don’t wanna use a massive array of counters when you can use 5 blocks.
I’d edit it, but the editing limit ran out. Why is there even an editing limit??

also @eiqcrmeliutgwhc lol why in the world would you use a trigger

1 Like

Counter arrays are better though. You need something to sort through each case.

1 Like

idk, just an example

1 Like

Sometimes… I know how much you like your counter arrays.

fair enough eiqcrmeliutgwhc

4 Likes

When you are in a block, on the “Broadcast on” block, you can put in multiple channels separated by a comma and a space, and it broadcasts on both of them.
Ex: Broadcast on: “Channel 1, Channel 2”

3 Likes

bump and i really need to do this in storage management too

if you don't get what i mean

me:
Screenshot 2024-01-01 09.55.27

3 Likes

ok i’m gonna bump this and remove the wip tag because the editing limit is way overdue

2 Likes

wow! cool guide helped me a lot :smile:

1 Like

Bump! Personally am going through this. Already lagging at 31%. Not even finished with my game yet… yet I don’t even have the gameplay yet…

2024_02_06_0k7_Kleki
Nice tips!
most maps use more memory then they should

3 Likes

Bump!!!

nice drawing @Foxy!!!

3 Likes