The Sentry, Our Friend, Friendly No Longer

No I connect the zone to a teleporter for the sentry

1 Like

Wait do sentries teleport? If they can’t then that would make WhoAmI’s guide obsolete.

Testing out now…

1 Like

Dang. That was FAST. Also what do you think of this sentry shenaniganry.

Okay, so initially, when the sentry spawned inside the zone, it did not start teleporting like before, however, after knocking the sentry out, it began to teleport like normal.

P.S- Sentry Shenanigans are a very interesting field that I have been investigating a bit.

1 Like

Huh what if this worked for the sentry right now. Who knows? Maybe we can save the friendly sentry.

Okay, how do you get sentries to teleport? I could never get it to work.

1 Like

It works! Quick @Thats_Gimpossible you don’t want to miss this!

Alright, I tried tinkering with the system a bit, and now it no longer works. My guess is that it was a preexisting system before the update and so it works, but when I updated it, it ceased to work. Also when teleporting I start to jitterbug randomly. I’m trying to upload a video but I can’t figure out how to.

1 Like

Just take a bunch of pictures or ask someone who has made a gif before to help you. If you do figure it out could you please tell me how to do it? Thanks.

Host _ Gimkit (1)

1 Like

How’d you do that? Please tell me how.

I made it so when I knocked out a sentry, I would teleport to this teleporter. After that, the bugged walking started to happen.

EDIT: I used screencastify

1 Like

No how did you make that video. I want to know.

Wait that might be the new jumping mechanic. @Jeffo did say that they introduced a huge update to gimkit for their latest game.

Hey y’all!

Sorry, but this was a bug with Gimkit Creative before. Sentries were never intended to interact with other devices/parts of Gimkit.

Sorry and I hope this doesn’t break your maps!

10 Likes

Oof, that’s a shame. That bug did allow some “impossible” things to be possible like having sentries teleport around while still keeping their health. Perhaps you could add that as an in game feature in the future.

4 Likes

Why did you remove it though… it wasn’t hurting the game, if anything it allowed players to make some amazing things like tower defense games, and cool cosmetic details…

):

6 Likes

It wasn’t a bug, it was a feature.
Also there is a petition to bring it back in the gimkit discord:

5 Likes

Dude. If the maker of GKC said it wasn’t a feature, then it wasn’t a feature. Just leave it. He might add in a new type of sentry that can do what it previously could!

2 Likes