Target shot practice

I want it so that when you shoot a target in the air, a barrier appears.
in platformer

no?
ok.

Maybe have the target be damageable and when it’s broken it can do the thing you want it too.

2 Likes

no.
then it can’t respawn.

Plus litteral nobody’s online and in my region I have 2 more weeks of school :sob:

I dont know, Im a idi0t

Oh that’s easy. You could either use a lifecycle with the new when player fire gadget choice that activates a barrier or have a damageable prop that when destroyed makes a barrier appear. What you need is this setup. Prop → barrier device. When prop destroyed → activate barrier.

Hey don’t say that, we are all learners here. Some may learn slower than others, but in the end we are here to learn aren’t we?

yeah, but what if there are multiple people?
once a prop is destroyed, it’s gone forever.

But they need the damageable device to respawn so that this process can be repeated.

I would suggest turning off collision on a prop where a sentry is behind, when sentry knocked out activate barrier. The first sentry should have 1 health, and the lowest firing speed. Have the sentry respawn and the barrier deactivate when you choose to reset the system.

To make the sentry not shoot at the player duplicate the sentry and make it on team one. Stagger it just far above enough where the sentry can only shoot the other sentry. Now put a barrier between them so the first sentry can shoot and the second sentry just shoots into the barrier. Now resize the target to cover this.

This should work but it will cost like 2500 memory per target so i would just adapt your game mode to use the other solution

yes, but since it’s platformer, the sentry would just fall.

Oh. Well good luck. I can’t think of a solution that easily

put a barrier UNDER it…

THEN THE PEOPLE COULD JUST STAND ON THE BARRIER AND DEFEAT THE WHOLE PURPOSE!

player enters zone —> deactivate barrier

1 Like

OMG! IMMA IDI0T TANK YOU!

1 Like

mark toronto bull’s solution… came up with the system

wait, but wouldn’t that just let the sentry fall as well?

I Don’t have platformer so I honestly don’t know

This topic was automatically closed 3 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.