Slot Machine Style Roller

This system is used to animate a rolling sequence and get a value out randomly. This is not a ripoff of @cheesebox 's guide How To Create A Working Slot Machine! I actually started making this guide and had already developed this system before cheesebox posted his guide. Our guides are different in how we display the randomly generated value. I am using a text device while Cheesebox is using a popup.

• Properties

Number
This is used to change the number displayed.

Roll
What value is randomly generated.

Rolling
Tells weather or not a roll needs to happen.

• Trigger
    This picks the value that will be rolled, you can have a wire repeater with a delay on it to being triggered by the button and triggering the Trigger so it will automatically roll a number after a set amount of time.

Blocks
This will randomly pick a number between 1 and 8 and translate it into a letter or whatever you want to be displayed.

Wires
Bottom Wire Repeater

Bottom
Wires

On Wire Pulse
This cycles through 1-8 for each option and translates those into letters or whatever you want it to display.

Receiving on Roll
Roll and UnRoll are a necessary evil, together they take up 1000 memory but are the only way I know of to make a Channel change a text property.

Receiving on UnRoll

2 Likes

Nice guide! This is pretty cool!

1 Like

Nice guide i!

Great guide and an interesting alternative to using a popup!

2 Likes

Nice guide! You can concatenate the tedious letters in the block menu with property spreadsheets!