Simple laser hallway guide (Difficulty 4/10)

TUGs were made to cover a huge range of topics - just look at the first few, blocks, props and terrain, devices, and game design. The amount of forum users that are going to look at those TUGs and potentially learn something is pretty high in my opinion - and the reason is because the TUGs I listed previously are so general. Blocks can be applied in just about every map, and devices and props are the core parts of your game that separate it from any other game. This guide on the other hand, is really specific.

A Laser Maze map only has so many things you can add before it becomes a completely unique game, so if you add too much to this guide it might as well just become ā€œIdeas for Laser Maze Gamesā€. What is the reason this is a TUG? Is it its length? Again, I donā€™t think you can cover a super large amount about a game where you literally just walk and dodge lasers. Any new mechanics made would just be a compilation of old guides into a new one - something people donā€™t like.

Is it the guideā€™s generality? Absolutely not. I know many people who will never make a laser maze guide, and TUGs are supposed to appeal to many people. I do know, however, that basically all of the forumā€™s population has had a question about devices or blocks in the past. Thatā€™s why we have TUGTED, because it is incredibly informative with information on every single device on the game.

Thereā€™s no reason why you canā€™t pass this off as a normal guide. I want this to be heard very closely - DO NOT TAKE DOWN THIS GUIDE. Instead, you can just remove the tug tag (if you want of course, Iā€™ve persuaded you but the final decision is ultimately yours) and just call it something like ā€œMaking a Laser Maze Gameā€, and thatā€™s it. Snooker.

5 Likes

its offical the guide is done!

1 Like

Soā€¦ I think this idea is pretty basic and to me it looks like you just spammed lasers and sentries all over.

1 Like

i know it is because i am not gonna be active on gimkit forum next week starting tomorrow my time might run out before I come back so I had to do what I could @Kosm0-o

Letā€™s be honest, I donā€™t think thatā€™s really a Laser Maze. I donā€™t even see why you have sentries either. Itā€™s more of a Laser hallway, itā€™s not much of a maze, just a straight pathway.

3 Likes

When you said simple. You really meant simple. Simple simple. Idk if itā€™s worth a guide ngl. But you did put effort.

4 Likes

bump
resuable bump
@Blackhole927 make this a wiki please

i bumped this becuase my guides are starting to fade ): :sob:

reusable bumps only work if youā€™re a regular and make them a wiki

i want to mention to anyone using the guide in their creating of games I know it says this is a Wip but it is finished ok

If you want you can have Blackhole edit it to not include that anymore. :slight_smile:

Or make it a wiki

i am not a regular slim can you remove that I said it is a wip?

Regulars can only change titles, categories, and tags, sorry.

@Blackhole927 Can you change it to not say wip?

in the instructions please

also @slim can you put in the title this emoji please

:cloud_with_rain:

Done!

noo you did the worng emoji it is supposed to be the :cloud_with_rain: one @Slim

I canā€™t put 2 emojis in, so I copy-pasted from google. :frowning:

so change the first rain one @Slim

?? Please explain.

This is the error message I got.