Sentry to Sentry knockouts not working

Hello, this is my first post but anyways- i am trying to make a tower defense game. When all of your towers are dead, the game ends. The only problem with that is that since the enemies are sentries damaging your towers, for some reason if a sentry knocks out a sentry it doesnt count. I have tried using wires, transmitting an event when the sentry knocked out, knockout manager, it doesnt work. If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this or how to workaround it, i would greatly appreciate it.

1 Like

I don’t quite understand what are you saying-
please explain it more properly

mabye like a barrier system, so every sentry disables a barrier and when all the barriers are gone you can get to the button which ends the game

1 Like

so basically when a sentry gets knocked out it doesnt really count as a knockout so if i use the setting transmit when sentry gets knocked out it wont send a signal

ok, thanks for that.
can you provide screenshots if possible?

with the barrier system idea, say there is 10 sentries on your side, every sentry disables a barrier when they despawn, the barrier are overlapping each other so all the sentry’s have to despawn first in order to reach the button, and when you press the button it will end the game cause when you lose all your sentry’s it ends the game right?

sure

now the game end would normally be all towers gone signal but i just set it to that for testing and it doesnt work i set the knockout signal to sentry d1ed nothing happens

because that sentry is not always going to be the last one is it

@Dragon_Tamer wdym?

also @AcePlayzGames can I see the settings of the sentry(ies) as well?

well i have a counter that counts all the towers and updates a property and removes 1 when a sentry knockouts but since it doesnt work that happens

or there is a typo in the channel name

possibly, go and check it.

he put when the sentry despawns it ends the game right

The beach fish drops but the signal does not transfer

for that too work thats sentry always has the be the last one to despawn or last one to live for it to work

• sips tea * :tea: Ill try to figure something out… because nothings impossible.
2 Likes

yes nothing is impossible

2 Likes

idk maybe your game is lagging

1 Like

Words of wisdom Ima quote that lol

2 Likes

all the sentries should have a common channel when knocked out, and the counter should be inc/dec every time it received that channel until it reached the right amount (the total sentries)
when the value reached, end the game
yaya