Scoring problems

I am trying to make it so that when you reach the top, you will touch a zone/trigger/whatever, which adds 1 to your score, and when you make it to 5 points the game ends, but it just goes to 5 instantly. Does anyone know what I need to do?

1 Like

could you possibly share an image of what you have so far? I might be able to help but i need to see exactly what ur using for the point system

2 Likes

So essentially this zone
Screenshot 2024-04-27 11.43.22 PM
ends the round, which sends a signal on a channel, which this counter
Screenshot 2024-04-27 11.43.49 PM
picks up, adding 1 to the score, and when it reaches 5, it sends a signal to that end game device, which ends it.
EDIT: This is all per-player, so only the player that reaches the top will have their score increased.

@1.0 ^^^^ is this good?

Did you make sure:
Target value of counter is 5?
The player only enters the zone once?

Alternate System:
Since the counter should be tracking the “Score” property make it so that you have these wires; [Property value changes → trigger trigger] And create a block for the trigger.
[If get property ‘score’ = 5
do broadcast on channel ‘end’]
Then have the end game device end game when receiving on channel ‘end’ .

Alt Alt:
Try having a trigger get triggered when someone enters the zone and when the trigger is triggered the counter is incremented.

Alt to the Alt Alt:
If the Alt Alt didn’t work use this is safety measures. Make the trigger deactivate when triggered using channels, get a wire repeater (5 second delay) that loops around from the trigger to the trigger using these wires; [trigger triggered → repeat wire pulse. wire pulse repeated → activate trigger].

2 Likes

Thank you! Sorry, I couldn’t get back to you sooner. I will test it and let u know if it works.

1 Like

Alt Alt worked! Thank you!

then mark his solution so this can close…

and I (or other people) don’t read this thinking someone still needs help

sorry. forgot.

This topic was automatically closed 3 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.