Recursive Functions Using Blocks

oh ok, didn’t see any so thats why I made this one

1 Like

I have the same exact problem.

1 Like

I’ve been doing gimkit for about a year, but programming for about 4 years tho. I just never had any major ideas for posting

4 Likes

(post deleted by author)

thats true, thx for the advice

OOOHHHH waitt…
Ok nevermind about that, sorry. I just realized this is a for loop. (kinda) Nvm!

So you need the counter for it to work. But then it’s not really recursion.
Also, this has been made before:

And also you could do this with a counter and a checker, so the block code would only be needed to do advanced stuff.

2 Likes

Ok, thanks for letting me know

1 Like

im almost certain this is bear.

bear??? who is bear…

1 Like

Don’t mind that, random coder on the Discord and used to be on Forums but… ahh… quit. [1]

1. who is possibly you ↩︎

1 Like

Really liked this! I do agree that this can be a fairly effective way to make loops. Sometimes if you’re setting a property in the function, you can just stop the loop once the length of the property is a certain number.

first off, new users don’t come making guides like this, they act like bear, bear was talking about cs earlier today and this user knew bear was a person (who) and not a what

Look at Rithekd and Clic, and a bunch of other people. Sure, it’s a possibility that it’s Bear in disguise, but it’s not exactly the most probable thing.

Hmm that does point to the Bear Alt Theory

That’s probably because of the context and the way you said:

This is bear, not this is a bear.

Most signs point to that it’s not bear.

1 Like

The one drawback to gimkit recursion is that there really aren’t functions, and so any “arguments” aren’t saved and we cant make programs like we can in any programming language.

1 Like

Why would raeb make an entire alt to post this

1 Like

2 Likes

Thank you for posting a guide on your first post! Welcome to the forums too :3

1 Like

no cussing :))))))))))))

CS stands for computer science…, and you said “this is bear”, making me assume that its a person

1 Like

Yeah, exactly.
Also it’s confirmed that you’re not bear so yeah let’s go back to talking about recursion

1 Like