Recursion 101: A Foothold into Technical Gimkit

Ooh, that’s interesting, I didn’t know the repeater had a concurrent tasks setting

Yes, it is a one of the most(maybe the most) unnoticed device settings in the entire device list.

I’ve only used it to limit lag.

I wonder what happens if you set it to 0. Or -1, if possible.

Probably the same thing that happens to a wire repeater delay.

Could I make a guide on branch recursion?

Wassat?

Timed recursion triggering instantaneous recursion, so like branches of instantaneous recursion.

Oh, so like… recursive recursion. I can put that in or you can make it a guide, your choice.

You can put that in. I don’t think it could warrant an entire guide. Also reusable bump.

1 Like

This is even more relevant now that I found the wire cap!!!

I have a basic understanding of quantum mechanics. So if I got this right. you’re saying that You are able to get GIMKIT to do several things at once with a single device, and get it to make do several checks just with a SINGLE checker, a wire and whatever device you want to use?

1 Like

Yep.

Cool!
I didn’t think this was possible…

1 Like

Wow… GIMKIT is kinda wonk when it comes to triggers.

This isn’t triggers lol

You can do this with counters, checkers (i think), maybe blocks, relays, literally any signal pusher.

my bad I get mixed up with the two. (I don’t know why)

1 Like

bump because important

this keeps on getting forgotten so yeah

get pinged @Shdwy not-imposta
idk what that was for but yeah

2 Likes

Alright, I need a bit of help here.

For my project, I need to perform about 23,000 calculations, or in other words, run a trigger 23,000 times. This isn’t fast, right now it takes about a minute and a half to complete. This is far too slow, and I want to speed it up.

The current approach I’m doing is to run the trigger 300 times a second, but I heard from getrithekd that you can do something with breaking the task into chunks and then having triggers run concurrently to achieve this. How do I do this? Do I just have a trigger recurse, and then wire it to another trigger to do a total of 600 triggerings a second? Or what?

@Shdwy,
Noice guide but, pictures are powerful :grinning: