Pseudo health problems

so what do you need help with then if you have already done it

Yeah that is an important question.

1 Like

Linking the regular health to my pseudo health

What is that?

Its like an open world rpg with multiple players at once

when the value of your pseudo health is zero, make it broadcast on a channel that makes you respawn, then maybe when receiving that channel, your property is reset to the original value. Does this help?

No, i need a way for the weapons to affect the pseudo health

and correct me if im wrong, but its not possible to check the amount of actual health you have, right?

I dont know of a way, so you might be correct, but still someone might have a way which is why i asked

can zones detect if people have been shot?

I dont know, Imma look
Update: They cannot

1 Like

can this take a lot of memory, or are you making a big game so you need to minimize the memory you use? because @Shdwy might know how to make one. He said this

“Without an ABSURDLY memory-intensive projectile stasis system, you can’t really track when bullets hit.”

and it sounds like he knows how to make one

(sorry for pinging you shdwy if you didn’t want to be pinged)

1 Like

It can take lots of memory but i would prefer if not because its a large game

1 Like

ok. i don’t know how he would do this, but i accidently pinged him, so if he knows how to do it he could explain it to you when he comes back online.

Yeah. To my knowledge it hasn’t actually been made, but it seems possible in theory. You would need to have a bunch of props scattered around the map that showed or hid themselves based on a high-detail coordinate system, then the props would – if hit – send out a message that is then analyzed by an IIM or other methods to figure out what weapon the player was using, then damage can be tracked from that.

But it’s not happening. Even if some sort of damage stasis machine were to be made, it would be purely for proof of concept, because it’s too clunky and large to use in a real game, not to mention weird-looking and out of place.

2 Likes

Seems interesting, Imma look into making that (As proof of concept like you said)