Before Posting Bugs

Everyday, I see posts on Bugs about things not working, weird things on screen, etc. Before posting topics on Bugs, I urge users to try the following:

Refreshing: Just a simple click of ctrl and R solves 90% of cases. On most posts, after the user refreshes their issue is solved. It only takes a few seconds to do and could save you from an unnecessary post.

If the issue persists, then it makes sense to reach out to the community. In your post you can make note that you already tried refreshing or reopening your map.

Sometimes, when you click anywhere it will open the options for a random device or wire that you had previously interacted with (I would provide a photo, but it only happens occasionally). I found some fixes to these so you don’t need to reload your map. If this happens, do the below:

If this is happening with a device, enter the options, pick any random dropdown setting, change it to something else, then return it to what it was before. Then exit the menu and check if it stopped.

For wires, simply locate the wire, and hover your mouse across it. This surprisingly stops it from appearing whenever you click.

In conclusion, don’t post without trying something

I hope you found this helpful and will try to use this next time you post.

11 Likes

Nice! This covers about 97% of all issues I have with GKC. Thanks!

2 Likes

Hey, could you also make a PSA about not giving up? If you can’t figure something out, ask for help, no matter who you are. Man I wish I told myself this 12 hours ago…

2 Likes

Oh no, what happened?

1 Like

I was getting frustrated over not being able to get the Monopoly zones to work, so I rage quit deleted the map. The more I think about it, the more in realize I could have solved my issue with ingenuity and a little help.

3 Likes

Ouch… that hurts.

1 Like

AND I had a bunch of cool stuff on the map, ANY ONE OF could have made a good Community Made Guides post!

1 Like

Yeah I’ll make one.

1 Like

Apparently my post has to be approved by a moderator now. Is that a new setting?

1 Like

I don’t know. What do you mean by that?

1 Like

When I tried to post that guide it said something along the lines of, “ Your post is pending. Please wait until moderators approve it”

1 Like

That’s really weird…
Is this happening to anyone else?

1 Like

I already made one

dfsgjsldkfgsdfg

1 Like

that happened to me today, and when i tried to post the example, it just happened again, so i deleted it just like the last one, it’s weird

1 Like

another solution for device bug: press m and immediately click.

1 Like

bump

1 Like

@bump

3 Likes

Lol. But be serious, no one wants to get banned.

2 Likes

Why is there suddenly the risk of being banned?

2 Likes

Mods are back.

2 Likes