Property Notification

I was making a live player counter and having it detect the amount of players on team 1, right? Then when someone would be knocked out, it would send a notif to everyone saying "A player has been knocked out, [insert player number here] are left. However, when I tested it, it said "A player has been knocked out, NaN players are left. I triple checked everything involving the property that I know of, and it is all sound. Even stranger, the thing was functioning before…

2 Likes

Is the ko manager/property device connected to the notif device with channels or wires?

2 Likes
  1. Its a lifecycle.
  2. Connected with wires
2 Likes

try a ko manager, they run smoother

1 Like

And if it works, you’ll know your property is fine

1 Like

K.O managers detect the players that are doing the knocking out though right?

2 Likes

they detect “when target knocked out” with the target being an enemy player or sentry

1 Like

Update: I tried changing the property to a different one, and it worked! So I have come to two conclusions

1. Properties Expire Over Time
  2. (More Likely) Someone placed something down to mess with my system…
2 Likes

@WhoAmI If the system didn’t take too long, try rebuilding it.

1 Like

NaN generally only appears when you do some math or divide by 0, or input text instead of a number. Can you send your code?
Edit: Oh it’s resolved I’m blind lol
Edit 2: For those wondering, NaN means “Not A Number”

1 Like

I wasn’t using the direct property, but rather the property-1, since live player counters don’t update immediately.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.