Properties Help

Problems with properties in blocks? This should help.
Please ignore the cover, I’m just showing off the brand new off-brand Bugatti that I woke up in.
Did you know that if you like this post, you’ll wake up in one too?

For comparisons or other things using properties where you are trying to get the property value,

(not to be confused with setting the property to a certain value, look for this later in the guide), you must use the “get property” block before putting the property itself. Basically, you need to do this:
(Example comparison)

If (Get property=>The property itself)=(10)
|
| (Insert code here)
|
_____________________________________________ (End of if block)

Or, if you need to set a property to something,

Put down a “Set property block”. Inside of the block, you must put a “create text with” block in the value section before specifying the value you want the property to be. Also, you do not need to add a “get property” block before the property into the property section of the set property block. Whew! That was a lot of properties in one sentence.
(Example set property block)

Property (Property)

Set value (Create text with=>Text block)

Only use the blue text boxes for numbers, and green text boxes for letters.

As a side note, you can customize the “create text with” block by clicking the gear icon, so you could make it have only one of the block holes/puzzle pieces/whatever it’s called instead of the default number of 2.

If you need any more help let me know.
Too complicated? Also ask here, I can try to explain it another way.
Need general help with other block stuff, or maybe even devices/mechanics? Ask away.

12 Likes

I copied my guide from the old forum, (Way better btw), and put it here.

Bump.

big bump /j

Dang, 3 months then 1 month!?

Bump (1 Month Later)

@Haiasi bump, 30 days later
also what does bump mean?

Alright! Thanks for informing me!

Christmas Bump, 18 days later.

2 Likes

Bump

The title is misleading, it seems like you need help