Properties and Pseudo Properties Oh My!

What are pseudo properties? Could someone please explain what they do and how they work? Also is pseudo speed possible?

2 Likes

Here is a guide that may help you understand them

Hope it helps!

1 Like

What about pseudo speed though? I would like to know how pseudo actually works.

1 Like

I don’t think there is psuedo-speed yet. I may be wrong though. For the meantime, look at this linked post

1 Like

I’ve never heard of pseudo speed.

1 Like

I thought of a way to make it. Maybe create a property that is connected to a variable and make it so that it gives a random number from the lowest speed to the highest speed 4. Every number will be connected to a number so 1.1 will give 1.1 speed. This is theoretical and should be tested out. I am not the brightest in this area and will need someone or myself to test it out to see if it works.

1 Like

?? wouldnt this just change the variables, how is this psuedo speed /nm

I told you I am not good at pseudo stuff. I don’t understand it at all which is why I made this post. It seems to be very useful though for many things and that is why I am trying to understand it.

the only ways to achieve psuedo speed is by moving things (showing/hiding) things in the background or having a background as an illusion, and speeding up player animations. having a value, adding smth to that value, broadcasting that value as a channel, and having a speed modifier adjust player speed with that channel wouldn’t be considered “psuedo” because you’re directly modifying the players speed

If we could get pseudo speed to work, I would use it. How would you have “fake” speed though?

I don’t know, that’s why I am asking. There is already pseudo health so I thought what if there was pseudo-speed?

You could maybe simulate fake speed by making everyone else slower in relation to you?

1 Like

The issue is that pseudo speed is nearly impossible to make, as you would need to animate all of the objects and props. It’ll be very buggy, and will take up too much memory (not to mention that we also need to make a system that detects what direction the player is moving).

1 Like

pseudo speed = a coordinate system with a ton of teleports that receive input through movements
ex: move 1 step on a teleporter, teleport 2 tiles where you are headed.

2 Likes

Pseudo-Health