Portions of the Game Disappearing

OMG What is happening?

Look, I had this image:

Now, it’s become this:

In this period of time, I saved my map actually, did not share the code ANYWHERE, and did not delete ANYTHING.

I just lost a ton of progress, and I have no idea why.

You can see that my memory usage is at around 50%. That’s not even that much, for parts of the game to literally DELETE ITSELF.

Originally, I thought this was a checker issue. On second thought, THIS IS A GAMEBREAKING BUG THAT NEEDS TO BE FIXED IMMEDIATELY!

3 Likes

Did it have anything to do with your power going out?

2 Likes

@mysz I’m pretty sure if the code is complicated and was made really fast, sometimes the game doesn’t have enough time to save before you log off.

1 Like

No, this is after my power went back on.

2 Likes

I saved it manually though…

2 Likes

The checkers weren’t working even though I couldn’t find any issue. Then, I saved the map and went back on to see if it was just a one-time glitch. They still weren’t working, so I tried to troubleshoot again and realized that tons of progress was gone.

2 Likes

@Jeffo @josh @Pharlain Do you guys know what might have caused it? I manually saved too.

2 Likes

Since you can edit posts, can you edit them to make them wiki posts?

1 Like

Were you using properties? Checkers are notorious at failing to check properties.

2 Likes

No. I was using amount of item and two checks.

2 Likes

and I had a button transmit channel and the checker specifically check when receiving on that channel. AND, I had like 100000000000 of all the items required for testing purposes.

2 Likes

Checkers can’t be trusted (they’re literally If-Do blocks as a device)

1 Like

Let’s get to the main question. If I saved my map manually, then how did it disappear? The only way is for me to not save, have someone grief my map, or delete it myself. I didn’t share the code with anyone. I didn’t delete anything, and I saved my map.

2 Likes

Did you by chance copy multiple checkers at the same time?

1 Like

Maybe there was something wrong on the server end? Like in Gimkit itself? That is the only explanation I can think of.

3 Likes

I copied them one by one, with like a one-minute interval to configure each farming plot.

2 Likes

BUT I double checked every setting, and there was no issue. For seeds, i did seed amount > 0, and water amount > water amount required - 1

2 Likes

Sometimes, copying will only be local, and not global, so that might be the issue.

1 Like

Remember though, I had copied for the previous 2, and they all stayed.

2 Likes

And, after that I tested for like 10 minutes so everything was fine I think.

2 Likes