Player won't teleport to a room after getting knocked out

I was testing my game and i made it so if a player got knocked out, they teleport to a room.

(lifecycle has when player knocked out on)

However, when a player gets knocked out, they stay in the room for a second, then come back to the the spawn.

This has been bugging me.

1 Like

Is the wire connection backwards?

Also, welcome :tada: to the forums, @FersionSpeedy !
Be sure to look at new-user-must-read and beginner-must-read !

You need a Trigger/Wire Repeater in the middle of the Lifecycle and Teleporting due to the respawn/knocked out animation not being insant.

(Lifecycle) Player Knocked Out --> (Trigger) Trigger

(Trigger) Triggered --> (Teleporter) Teleport Player Here

or

(Lifecycle) Player Knocked Out --> (Wire Repeater) Repeat the wire pulse!

(Wire Repeater) When the wire repeater receives a pulse... --> (Teleporter) Teleport Player Here

Also, welcome to the community!
You only have a limited number of replies (10 replies) on your first day and it becomes unlimited on the second.

1 Like

Thanks! No, it is not backwards. I don’t think you can connect a teleporter to the lifecycle.

Alright, thanks for the tip by the way!

1 Like

Remember, wires always flow clockwise, and lifecycles can’t take any wires as input.

2 Likes

Oh. Thanks for reminding me!
Also, @FersionSpeedy , mark a solution if any of this helped. :white_check_mark:

1 Like

Is it like this?

3 Likes

Is it ok if I change the title to make it be:
Important Respawn Info - Delay Teleporters

1 Like

Yes.

Still doesn’t work… Do i need to change anything on the wire repeater?

You have to set a delay longer than 0.0.
(Ex. 0.1 or if that doesn’t work then 1.0)

Edit: yeah I think it’s supposed to be 1.0 (or anything above 0.15) because VALUEX said the time it takes to respawn (in milliseconds) is 0.15

3 Likes

1.0 Works! Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.