(PATCHED) Beating the NonDeletable Sentries

AUTHOR’S NOTE FROM THIS GUIDE

This guide is now patched - Josh, the creator of Gimkit, has fixed the bug, which was the part of the main part of the guide and fixing them. This guide is now useless.

even though this is in the dumpster, it’s still pretty important, so idk where to put this lol)

Let’s see.

I’ve heard a person that they couldn’t delete a sentry in their game, and it became a massive problem because no one wants to see sentries…on a non-sentry room?

Yeah, so these kinds of sentries are basically boss battles, but on the editor version.

Weird enough - so this is where Professor Speedy comes in!

Alright, just please wait, he’ll come here soon.

meanwhile..

Fersion: Professor, you’re in the guide, come in!
Professor Speedy: I’m coming! Please wait!
Fersion: I get it, you like watching Gimkit Videos, but just please get off! I don’t want the viewers seeing you’re late!
Professor Speedy: One…more…minute!
Fersion: JUST GET OUT OF THERE, AND STOP BEING LAZY!
Professor Speedy: OKAY, OKAY, I’M COMING!!!
Fersion: You BETTER be!
Fersion: Wait, this was visible to the viewers? Um… i can explain.

ba bump bi dum baaaaa

This is Professor Speedy, a expert at…

uh, fersion, what’s the line again?

Fersion: being good at gimkit experiments!

Yeah, being good at testing speed!

Fersion: facepalming

Don’t mind the big texts.

Anyways, let’s make a new map for this solving bug:

And i place this…guy. Him.
Now, when i start the game, he starts attacking me. But normally, this happens:
The NAME! It happens - keep that in mind about that. Not surprising, since it’s common for that to happen. But when i end the game to restore the map again:
His name, and weapon, shows up. But you can’t click on it. You can’t even ERASE IT.

So, me, Professor Speedy, has been thinking how to get rid of this - but then, he found out:

The Multi-Select Eraser.

I don’t think most people found this out, but you can multi-select things to get rid off. Put your mouse around the sentry, then DRAG your mouse to the very end corner of your touchpad (or not).

Then, this will show up:

We do the most evil thing…“the enter button”…
(it deletes the sentry lololo)

But, if you delete it, it’s still here.
You can’t multi select it - or delete them with the eraser option - this is because the game thinks the sentry has been already deleted, so you can’t erase them. But, just a little refresh button works.

Even though the refresh button brings you here:

Just click “Back to Dashboard” and the creative tab again. Then, click on your map.

Now, if you did that, look at this:

He’s not there anymore…he’s gone. So now, the battle has been Finished, and you have…

WON!

You now learned how to delete a non-deletable sentry. Yay!

I forgot the rest of the lines. So…this is my conclusion. Yay.

7 Likes

This should be under research

1 Like

Similarly, you can edit the sentries by selecting it, going to the “layers” tab and then clicking the sentry.
It should take you to the sentry’s settings.
(I didn’t notice you couldn’t edit sentries because I’m on mobile and selecting devices in general is funky so I always select devices to edit them.)

5 Likes

This isn’t really a bug report, so not in bugs.

4 Likes

maybe a guide? but fix the title to something like “how to fix the sentry bug”

2 Likes

I’ll just make the title stay like that.

It’s kinda nice, so i just want to keep it like that. When people say “sentry bug”, they may think about the naming bug.

3 Likes

A question for The professor, how could you?

2 Likes

Which part did the professor mess up? The big text?

If that, he’s too busy…I keep knocking on his door, but he’s busy watching more gimkit videos on his breaktime.

2 Likes

Wow lol
love the research

1 Like

Wait a minute… does that make it… DELETABLE?! Dun dun DUN!

2 Likes

prob

This guide is now patched since josh has fixed the sentry bug.

Any reply after this will be reported.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.