Once a button is clicked, it starts a timer and then activates something

Hello! I was just wondering if anyone knew how to activate a timer once I click the button to open a door, and then the door closes after a few seconds. Same thing for a laser, I click the button to turn off the laser but then a few seconds pass by and it then re-activates.
Help is much appreciated! :pray:

2 Likes

Just wire a button to a trigger that starts your timer! Happy to help! Also, welcome to the forum, @WiztedLust!

Timer guide ^

3 Likes

So, when the button pressed, add triggers to start the timer to the invisible counter and then for the lasers too. Make sure when the door opens or closes, you make the prop barrier or anything disappear or reappear.

Also, welcome to the forums!

1 Like

Oh thank you sm! I greatly appreciate the help and thanks for the welcome! If I have any questions I’ll ask.

1 Like

Oh!I forgot about the door part! So, when the timer is up(Target value reached), you should wire the counter to a trigger with delay however long you want the door to remain open, and wire the counter to the door(prop), deactivating the door/prop! Then, wire the trigger to the prop, showing it, closing the door once more! Hope this helped! Make sure to mark a solution if this works! @WiztedLust

1 Like

Tysm! Would it work the same with the laser or a few changes is needed?

1 Like

use a reapeater, and delay it.
Does this work for you, or do you need a timer timer

@WiztedLust you will soon get bombarded with welcomes by @Caternaught. You hath been warned… (Welcome new friend)

1 Like

It would definitely work for a laser, @WiztedLust! Just deactivate/activate the laser instead of hiding/showing a prop!

1 Like

Time for me to bombard you with welcomes…
jk, but welcome to the forum!!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.