Numerical Values

Intro

Now, you may be thinking, “Numerical Values? Aren’t those just numbers?” Well, you would be right, but that’s just what I decided to call this “method.” In summary, this strategy allows you to create bulk channels and properties that can be easily used and switched between within block code.

The Guide

Materials Needed
  • A channel or property

Now, this process is VERY simple. All you need to do is name your property or channel:

“something1”
You can change “something” to whatever you want.

Example

Screenshot 2024-02-03 at 7.22.26 PM

Why is this useful?

This naming strategy allows you to edit which channel you broadcast on or what property you change REALLY easily. How you can do this is also really simple. All you need is a create text with block.

Step 1

Place down your create text with block.

Screenshot 2024-02-03 at 7.33.28 PM

and put the text part of your channel or property in the top part.

Screenshot 2024-02-03 at 7.35.00 PM

Step 2

Place the create text with block on whatever your base block is. This could be broadcast message on channel, get property, etc. In my example, it’s a property.

Screenshot 2024-02-03 at 7.38.41 PM

Step 3

Lastly, this is where the bulk part comes in, just put any kind of code that results in a number that is in one of your bulk properties/channels. For mine, it will just be a simple addition system.

Screenshot 2024-02-03 at 7.41.50 PM

Conclusion

In conclusion, this is really just a glorified way of organizing channels/properties. But, it does allow you to really easily use and switch between the aforementioned channels/properties within block code.

And with that:
Thanks for reading!

4 Likes

noice guide (how many times do i have to say i read fast)

1 Like

I believe that you are good at reading, you’re fine.

I like this guide :heart: it is easy to understand!

1 Like

Thanks! I try to make my guides easy to read and understand. I’m glad my efforts aren’t for nought!

3 Likes

Great guide - I’m pretty sure many people use this already but no one has thought of making a guide about it!

nice guide! this is a really simple method, but it makes a big impact!

I’m pretty sure this guide is a duplicate of this:

Not completely sure though, please correct me if I’m wrong.

Yeah, isn’t this just concatenation?

1 Like

I guess so, should I do something about that? (like changing the name, anything in the guide, etc.)

P.S

I didn’t really know what concatenation was till now.

This also isn’t technical… I’ve never heard (or remembered) a good definition of technical gimkit. Shdwy might have made one though.

1 Like

We haven’t really come up with a perfect definition of technical Gimkit yet…

I would say that anything not definitely intended by the developers (using text devices to make a graphing calculator, for example) can be considered technical. Dunno though, I’m open to other definitions. Honestly, I would say this is technical, but it’s literally just a copy-paste of multiple other guides—if not in writing, at least in spirit.

1 Like