#Not-a-bug tag discussion for Gimkit bug reports

Continuing the discussion from Once placed stickers will stay even when game has started:

So I have created a brand new tag, not-a-bug .

Actually, the whole purpose of this tag is to inform others that this is not a bug. This would be useful since if something is not a bug, people don’t have to reproduce it. This tag would be there for use if any bug reports happen to just be errors.

Should we use this tag for bug reports to inform if something is not a bug?

1 Like

Let’s get the public’s opinion on this:

• Yes
  • No
0 voters
2 Likes

Probably not, if it was not a bug then tl3 users could move it to Help or Devices.

2 Likes

Also, you can choose two options, might wanna fix that.

2 Likes

Yup i just did!

2 Likes

I would change the name to Error/Bug, or Error.

2 Likes

no, its to say if something isnt a bug but people thought it was.

2 Likes

I don’t think we should have tags for every case. That’s what a title’s for.

5 Likes

I understood it, but not a bug might confuse newer users.

3 Likes

saying bug or error would be misinforming users.

2 Likes

Well most of the time they issue is a error, like its not a bug, but it does not normal either.

3 Likes

no, this is for things that people think are bugs but are actually intended.

2 Likes

But you see, if we are talking about it and still not 100% sure on its point, do you think new users will?

2 Likes

I personally think that we dont need this tag.

2 Likes

I am torn, I understand its reason, but the name confuses its point, and that I think would confuse newer users, the ones using this tag.

2 Likes

New users would understand that this is not-a-bug because the tag infroms them this was not a bug and it was resolved over a refresh.

1 Like

Let me refrase that, if a user, who j0ins to report a bug and to get help, sees Bugs and not-a-bug, and the post is not a bug, but they don’t know, which do you think they will choose? Bugs that is what they will choose, because they don’t know better and it makes more sense. I agree with @Thats_Gimpossible, I don’t think it is needed. But good idea @twofoursixeight.

3 Likes

A fool-proof argument:

What is this tag for? Its for informing that the “bug” isn’t a bug. But this is confusing: we move the “bug” post into the help section and now, its just straight up weird.

4 Likes

I agree, i don’t think its needed and we are aurguing over a tag, that we don’t 100% understand. Wise words @getrithekd.

3 Likes

So basically it would be used like it would be used in Topics tagged not-a-bug on the Dark Gaming Forum.

1 Like