mutantSackboy4's CGtGC (Cood Guide to Gimkit Creative) for advanced users

So. You are trying to make a Gimkit map and have an awesome idea for a game, but have no idea for the mechanics. You’ve searched but to no avail. I’ll have a couple game-design elements in here for you, such as:

Dice

For dice, you will need blocks. Blocks are hard to learn but easy to use. Here you want a dice roll. You need an object with blocks and a property. Make a “when receiving on channel” block with channel "“rollDice”. Add a “set property” block, then make that property “dieNumber”. Add a block on the “value” port being a random integer block, from 1 to 6. Then add an “Add activity feed item for triggering player” and a “Create text with” on it, with ports being a text element "You scored " and a block “Get property” with port “dieNumber”. Then add something to start the channel “rollDice”!

Non-Player Characters

Add a Sentry with a costume of your choice, then add a Barrier around it or set it to a team with players on it to have an NPC of your very own. You can add dialogue by making a wire pulse object (buttons, triggers, zones, etc.) and hooking it up to a Popup. You can chain this as long as you want using the Calls to Action! I made a whole thing with guards’ conversation being interrupted by the player, only for them to find out Queen Phoenix is missing. Note: If you set it to a team, all players not on that team will be targeted by it.

Bosses

Bosses can be made super easily with props. So throw one together. On contact points with the player that would deal damage, add lasers, and after you’re sure they’re where you want them, set their color to 0, 0, 0 HSL. This will make them invisible. You may want apparent motion, and I am currently not sure how to do that for more than two changes. Sorry! Just show/hide props and (de)activate lasers.

Rooms

There are two ways we can do this. The doorway, or the teleportation way. The doorway is a simple button and the showing and hiding of props that look like doors. The teleportation way is teleporting people to a room across the map. It’s simple, really.

Miscellany

Tasks: Have them press a button, then set their speed to 0 if necessary. Teleport them to a room. When conditions are met, teleport them back.
Mining: Use the Dynamic Blocks, which have not been put into Creative yet. (r/agedlikemilk soon)
Shield Breaker: And I quote from @Unit_72:

Sorry, it’s a concept I’ve invented. You gather prop items from around the map, Using buttons that give you a special item unobtainable any other way, and make the prop hidden. Use a vending machine to take the item and make a prop visible. After so many are collected, from one to full memory, it will activate an event. I call it a shield breaker because I use it for a boss. The boss has a 99999 shield that regenerates every time it is hurt. When the event happens, it turns off the regen and lowers the shield completely now only with a lot of health. I’m making an in-depth guide for it.
Timer: add a property called “timer” and a game overlay. just a minute…

6 Likes

OOH!

already, man? you were quick

Iamspeed

Noice guide!

Nice guide though I would recommand adding more since so many of these already exist.

1 Like

Bosses already exist, and are pretty common, I suggest mentioning a shield breaker.

What’s a shield breaker?

Sorry, it’s a concept I’ve invented. You gather prop items from around the map, Using buttons that give you a special item unobtainable any other way, and make the prop hidden. Use a vending machine to take the item and make a prop visible. After so many are collected, from one to full memory, it will activate an event. I call it a shield breaker because I use it for a boss. The boss has a 99999 shield that regenerates every time it is hurt. When the event happens, it turns off the regen and lowers the shield completely now only with a lot of health. I’m making an in-depth guide for it.

Y’want me to @mention you in there with that exact comment?

sure.

1 Like

miscellany

This is actually a great guide idea! Add a timer

but what if it was a puzzle game
i mean, not needing dice

miscellany, like miscellaneous.

this is nice and all, but note that you have 1 day to edit this. also this isn’t really advanced, more like late beginner/early intermediate for most users (not including my opinion because reasons)

1 Like

This isn’t that ‘advanced’. Also, you’re only tl1, you might not finish on time. Remember, pictures are powerful.

1 Like