Max Channel triggers

I was experimenting with relays and chanel triggers when i first found that if you set up an infinite trigger like so

When you start the game the max the counter will be is 300

after doing some more experimentation (and reaching the relay limit) i found that you could achieve a faster time and get a higher number if you

1. set the original counter to a starting value of 1 or more.
  2. simply copying the repeater broadcasting to the counter.

In my studies I found that channels do not in fact have a limit to the number or signals you can send at one time and i found that with repeated signals theirs is only minimal game lag even with that max 126 relays.

Then i started with triggers too and without trying I found that if you stack multiple triggers only the top one will trigger when you step on it. i managed to get the counter up to around 10,000 before the game crashed with all the triggers and relays.

I was unable to figure out a system to time the channels as repeaters have a minimum of 0.5 seconds on the repeat time and I couldn’t think of another way that would accurately stop on command. if you have ideas just @Norwegia me and i will have a look

For this Project
  • Relay
  • Triger
0 voters

I will continue to experiment but bye for now. @Norwegia out (for now…)

4 Likes

Cool.

2 Likes

Thanks

1 Like

Interesting.

im pretty sure that is called recursion if i recall correctly as shdwy mentioned (dont ping him he´ś getting grumpy about peeps pinging him on help topics so he still might be in that mood)

2 Likes

Cool. I’d like to know how there is a recursion limit of 300 even with channels if there’s no limit on those. You also mentioned a repeater. I didn’t see any repeaters in the picture though.

Not sure on the 300 limit that was one of my questions too. As for the repeater that was originally to time the time it took for all the channels to activate but was scraped because it was to slow.

So if you just triggered it once, then it is 300?

you use a trigger loop it goes faster with a lower delay like 0.0015

How do you stop it to get the exact time?

u can use a counter with target reached=deactivate triggers (by transmiting on channel)

1 Like

I triggered it infinite times with an infinite relay loop. relay on the same channel as the input

Thanks will try that

That’s the recursion limit.

anyways ima go watch a counter go brrrrrrrr all the way up to 100 thousand just for fun

note use channels if u dont want the trigger loop to stop

This is cool @Norwegia

Yep. That’s recursion.
And yes, I believe there is a limit to the number of signals at one time, or at least the number of loops running at once, though they may be separated in a manner of speaking.
What exactly are you trying to do here? Just research things?

Not really sure what this means:

I was unable to figure out a system to time the channels as repeaters have a minimum of 0.5 seconds on the repeat time and I couldn’t think of another way that would accurately stop on command.

But this is Devices related…

It is, and its under Devices, so whats the issue?