Leo_Flowers guide on " What is layering? " Identified

Hello Fellow Gimkitters! Have you ever considered the technique of layering while designing? It is a crucial element that can enhance the overall look and feel of your design. Let’s take a closer look at what layering is and why it is so important.

Layering involves using five different layers - bottom layer, lower layer, middle layer, upper layer, and top layer. Each layer plays a unique role in creating a design that is visually appealing. For instance, if you want to create a 3D effect, you would use the bottom, middle, and top layers to attain the desired outcome.

The arrangement of different layers is another critical factor to consider while layering. It is essential to ensure that the layers complement each other and the overall design looks realistic and not overdone. Layering can be helpful while creating a realistic water effect, making it appear as if the water is flowing seamlessly. Layering is significant as it allows you to craft a design that looks professional and organized. The implementation of layering can make a significant difference in the appearance of your maps or designs, making them look more polished and refined.

Lastly, layering can be used to create the illusion of a floating island. By building a “wall” of terrain around the island, you can make it appear as if it’s floating in the air, giving it an
more earth-like look, almost like it is floating!

In conclusion, layering is a fundamental tool that every designer or map maker should possess. It can take your design to the next level and make it appear more realistic and visually appealing. - @leo_flowers :slight_smile:

Images

Screenshot 2024-04-15 5.10.18 PM

4 Likes

Great guide! However, there are no pictures :(
Remember, pictures are powerful!

Srry… I was getting them when I was gonna find it… but I found one

1 Like

That’s fine, don’t worry. Just letting you know, as sometimes people tend to flag guides without images.

What? That’s mean… :frowning:

1 Like

No, I think they flag more guides without images because it creates an illusion that a guide is shorter.

Example, look at my first guide.

Imagine this guide, without any images. That would be flagged so quick.

1 Like

It’s probably the other way around :eyes:
Guides with images give the illusion of a larger guide, which people won’t flag.

Uhh… ain’t this the same thing? Lol.

But yeah, images give guides a illusion of being bigger.

Yeah basically…

1 Like