Item shape help

Which item looks the closest to an air bubble?

Maybe a snowball?

2 Likes

Thanks! I had an idea to make a Mario-style air meter for things like being underwater, being in poison gas, or being in a location that drains health. All I need now is a regenerative mechanic

3 Likes

huh? what?
im confuzzled.
what is a regenerative mechanic?

1 Like

on second thoughts, dont answer that.

1 Like

By regenerative mechanic, do you mean like a slow mechanic that gives you oxygen over time, or perhaps safe zones scattered around that would instantly replenish your oxygen?

1 Like

The first one. Like how in a video game, your oxygen meter is refilled by not being in water.

2 Likes

You could probably use a true/false property : if false, then deplete, if true, give the “breath”, and use an inventory item manager to cap the amount of breath you can have.

3 Likes

Or maybe use zones to do it, the zone could be the air, and you could use counters or whatever.

1 Like

I feel like using the zones as the water would be easier…

3 Likes

Hey how do you use true/false properties? Never learned and never tinkered with them.

I don’t really know myself. I’ve played around with them before, but I wasn’t able find much out. In the end, I kind of gave up and used number properties instead, with 1 serving as true and 2 serving as false… I think I posted a question about true or false properties here before though…not sure.

2 Likes

Just use a zone wired/channeled to a trigger that uses blocks to set a true/false property to true when player enters zone, and false when player leaves zone

@NavyCatZ or @Zypheir, do you know how to use true/false properties?

Yes, but how do you use true/false properties? They seem different than normal number properties.

The main difference is that they have a logic block to set value instead of a text or math block

1 Like

And obviously that they can only be set to true or false

Thank you! That cleared up some confusion!

Anytime!

ohhhhhhhhh. That’s how you use them. I was only sticking with trying to set a number with them, logic blocks never occured to me…

1 Like