Is there a way we could make a flappy bird system?

That could be used for Mario as well! Looks good!

1 Like

I have an Idea!!

I don’t have the season ticket, but maybe have a barrier spawn over the player?

1 Like

oh my… the player coordinate device takes up 4 WHOLE MEMORY!! :0
makes sense though.

okay so first you have to have a zone.whenever a player enters the zone, it has a barrier that spawns under them for 0.1 second. that gives them a double jump! I will test it out.

2 Likes

I don’t think that will work. Here’s my reasoning. When you jump and then bonk your head on something above you it will remove all of the momentum you had from that jump. Similarly that would also happen if you suddenly added a barrier that spawned beneath them.

2 Likes

so i think josh once said in the future there would be an update on how many jumps a player gets… etc.

Would be complicated.

No, I think for now this is more than complicated. If we want the actual game mechanics, then this could be one of the few guides that are clay-institute, for now. Tell me if I’m wrong.

sounds a lot like blooket, their offbrand flappy bird.
anyway, this does sound like a great idea, maybe you can add barriers and add platforms to jump onto? thats the closest i can get to making flappy bird right now :face_with_spiral_eyes:

I’ve thought of doing this before platforming in GKC came, actually.

My idea is that we create an alternate jumping system with teleporters, channels and a number property called “y”. We name each teleporter channel option to “y1”, “y2”, “y5”, etc. Then we’d have this game overlay which is wired to a trigger. In the trigger’s block code, we make it so it adds to the property by one a custom amount of times, which is also the jump height. We’d have another trigger that is wired to a loop with this block code: “Broadcast Message on Channel: create text with y & Get Property y.” Then, we can subtract from the property, and it falls down.
We also want random pipes generating and moving to the left that makes you lose on touch. We can probably use lasers that can move, although I’m unsure how.

The reason why I posted the previous reply is that I regarded this, but then I thought about how the players would know when to jump. People would stop playing the game because they keep falling.
How will it detect when the player jumps, @EggNoodle?

Huh? Can you elaborate?

What will the input be for the jumps when the player wants to? Buttons? Overlays?

A button game overlay. I just said that.

hmmmmm…
Top-down is difficult, considering gravity. What about the blocks mentioned in the guide you talked about? Is there a value that goes up for seconds in-game? Hmmmm is it?

Top-down or platformer doesn’t matter, since we’re making an alternate moving system using teleporters.

1 Like

Okay, final problem. How would the teleporters know when to activate? Teleporter 1: No problem. 2: Some problems. 3: More problems, etc.

Nononono. Each teleporter is linked to a channel name, that will be broadcasted by a trigger I mentioned above. They don’t activate and deactivate accordingly.

I’ll try to make a system and get stuff to work sooner or later.

1 Like

@Gimpenetrable consider this solved! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 3 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.