Is there a way to create a slot machine?

I’m trying to create a buff randomized that spins and stops when you press a button kinda like the slots mini game in Mario odyssey.

Do you want it to be rigged or fair?

Hmmm… yes, there is a way. You can use text objects to display emojis as they cycle through, and use some block code to swap the emojis and add randomness.

Probably fair because it’s supposed to give you slight buffs.

There definitely is way to randomise almost anything, there should be a guide on that

It’s less about randomization as it’s about them trying to get a good power up.

Yeah, I didn’t read the whole post, I just saw the words “slot machine”.
Anyway, you could place five properties that contain the different slot things, like:
:iphone::ping_pong::tanabata_tree::penguin::link:
Name each property “1, 2, 3, 4, 5”.

Then place down another property, name it iterator and make sure it is a number property.
Place a text object and make it run block code when receiving on channel “next slot”.

In the block code, write this code:
This code will increase the iterator, use it to get the next emoji for the slot, and reset the iterator if it becomes greater than or equal to 5.

For adding more rows of slots, just duplicate this setup and use a different iterator property (like iterator 2)

Whenever “next slot” is broadcasted on, the slots will spin

That’s all I can think of for now, I’m not sure how to do the other stuff.

And I’m sorry if this isn’t what you want, I only know how to make a proper gambling slot machine, not a super mario one.

1 Like

It’s basically the same. The only difference is that you would throw your hat at an image and you would try to get three of the same image in a row.

This topic was automatically closed 3 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.