Is there a way to check if a player is under a certain health amount?

It’s still pretty annoying, because you sometimes need to go through like 30 different popups just to say what you want to say, so I would just avoid making an advanced chat for now.

4 Likes

Not to mention you can’t go “back”.

3 Likes

save systems

3 Likes

Like giving a player an encoded random 20 character string to save? And having them enter it to save?

2 Likes

Thats the problem with save systems :frowning:

2 Likes

yeah, just a simple save system like that

2 Likes

I’m thinking this would be a VERY advanced game mechanic. It is revolutionary, don’t get it twisted, but it was never a problem. The Clay Institute tag only really goes on problems that would change Gimkit once solved.

3 Likes

We should put together a list of devices that would revolutionize gimkit, and email the devs.

3 Likes

i wouldnt really care if players could skip through 99% of the game, just as long as they could get their data back, either that or datastores lol

3 Likes

yeah but i was talking about how a password input device could make it a little easier

2 Likes

I was referring to the keyboard and chat system.

4 Likes

oh ok

2 Likes

Making the keyboard thing soon ig

2 Likes

IG?
I don’t know what that means.
However, I will try to post a guide soon.
(Definitely within the week.)

2 Likes

IG means I guess

People usually think IG means “Instagram”

4 Likes

One way to do save points would be to assign a universal save code at each checkpoint like “1”, “2”, etc., but a password input would still be necessary and it’s kind of honor system because you could abuse it to skip the game

2 Likes

But the password system could be random and encrypted numbers.

3 Likes

That would be ideal. Maybe i’m not thinking right, but how would you store the random string in the game so it can be recognised the next time someone logs in?

1 Like

Hashes?

Oh maybe that wouldn’t work…. Maybe use one time pad and as some random info in every other character?

3 Likes

You mean hashtags?

2 Likes