Is Gimkit Creative Turing-complete?

With everything we know about this gamemode as of right now, could we build a Turing machine in Gimkit?

2 Likes

Interesting question! I don’t know all that much about Turing machines, so I can’t say for sure, but I can’t think of a way to make it work… Turing machines are in principle somewhat straightforward, but the basic premise is that it can simulate any algorithm logic - simple or complicated. Gimkit Creative does have some pretty open-ended programming options (plus a simple block-coding interface), so it is possible to create plenty of different (and even relatively complex) things, but I doubt that it has the necessary functionality or support to make a machine quite like Turing’s. The programming-oriented functionality of Gimkit Creative is more focused on enabling devices to carry out their specified processes with minimum variations (some customization available within block coding), not open-ended programming mechanisms, and getting a program to run properly despite all kinds of different inputs might be difficult - to put it simply, Creative isn’t built to support things like a Turing machine. It might be possible, and indeed I can think of a few ways of making some of the machine’s functions work, but ultimately I don’t know of a guaranteed method for creating the machine in full.

4 Likes

It’s possible, a Turing machine has been created
@ClicClac remember to mark a solution :smiley:

1 Like

When?

Me, 2 weeks after GKC, with brainf**k

Really, you can simulate gkc in gkc?

Curious, is that a built in filter or manually censored?

He censored it. If he didn’t, a popup would come that the word isn’t allowed.

2 Likes