Ii need help with a counter

How do i make it so a counter loses 10 seconds one by one?

1 Like

Bump ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

Do you mean the counter loses 10 seconds every 1 second? I don’t get it.

Like when they start to 10, it counts down until it reaches 0.

Oh, I see. Use this guide for a timer, except make it decrement the counter every second. Then make the counter start at 10. That should work.

1 Like

I don’t like how it said that i need to put a lifecycle “game start”. I only wanted it so when someone presses a button, it counts down until it reaches 0

Ok, get rid of the lifecycle device, and then wire the button so When button is pressed → Activate repeater.

1 Like

I did it, but when i set the counter target to 0, it did this:

It stopped at -1

Hm, odd. That probably has something to do with the repeater. If it’s set to 10 seconds right now and it does that, you might have to set it to 9 or something.

Does the repeater run for too long by chance?

I found out, it was set to 10 seconds

@LxmasHaxTakis repeaters usually run their first task at 0 seconds, so when it is set to 10 sec, it runs 11 tasks. basically repeaters set for n seconds run n+1 tasks

so set it to 9 sec

1 Like

I believe in the repeater setting you should find a setting called something like repeater runs immediately on activation where you can turn that off.

I mean, you don’t have to follow every instruction in there. It’s just a base for a timer that you can modify to your liking :]