Ideas Needed for Backrooms Map

Hi, so I’m making a Backrooms map, and when you spawn in the backrooms, you get two paths.
path one: its basically a hallway w/ like spilled things and messages on the floor
path two: You mix chemicals and drop them in some water, which removes a barrier

Both of the rooms have open doorways
What should I add on?

You can add animations to make the player “hallucinate” as they slowly lose their sanity.

2 Likes

good idea! that sounds cool! how would i add those?

1 Like

Barriers that deactivate and activate (flashing lights) and being unable to move at random times.

1 Like

cool! I’m also thinking of making journal entries on the floor and the person who wrote them got turned into an entity

1 Like

you can make a lot of cool creatures using black barriers and props. this might help

1 Like

Don’t forget the entities! You need Bacteria Entities, Party Poopers, Partygoers, Smilers, Frowners, etc…
also that one wall with the thousand windows :slight_smile:

1 Like

yeah i dont know a lot about the backrooms, but if i could have some art inspo for those that would be great!

1 Like

You could also add a sanity bar and almond water spawning randomly to help you keep your sanity. (You could make things for like the hello kitty doll house level, since it’s a safe level more almond water spawns, and since level 6 and the chase level, etc., are very hard, you could make it spawn less almond water)

You should probably make block code where most of the time, a journal will spawn in the place of almon water but there is a certain chance that almond water spawns instead and on the easy levels, there could be MANY spawn places, but on the hard ones, VERY little spawns

@Cloud Backroom maps will get flagged unless you change the name or make it different

1 Like

I was thinking if you haven’t already, you could add an intro as to exactly how to player got in the backrooms.

2 Likes

you could make it randomly teleport you to level run/fun/end

this sounds a lot like a ame i am trying to make