Ideas for Halloween Game

I want to make a halloween-themed game, but I can’t think of much. It would be helpful to know some other ideas. I want there to be something to do in it and for it to be “spooky.” I only have the top-down map, or whatever it’s called, but not platformer. Any ideas of what kind of game I should do and what to add would be nice.

1 Like

Some ideas:

• An adventure game where you have to travel through a Halloween-themed land.
  • A game where you have to try to collect Halloween-themed items (pumpkins or something).
  • A game where you travel around a Halloween-themed (yes, I keep saying Halloween-themed) town and do… something. Don’t know what yet.
    Hope you like my ideas!

Here are some ideas!:

1. Make the map look Dark
  2. Add Houses, Pumpkins, etc.
  3. Add Characters that randomly do things like scare you always
  4. And Finally Add Spookey props, and map designs

Creating a top-down Halloween game can be fun! Here are some ideas and features you can use to make the game feel creepy while also providing fun gameplay:

Game Ideas

1. Haunted House Exploration: Design a game where players move around a haunted house. They can explore rooms, find clues, and solve puzzles to unlock different sections.

2. Monster Escape: Create a scenario where players must avoid various Halloween monsters like zombies, ghosts, or witches. They can collect items to help them escape or temporarily stun the monsters.

3. Trick or Treat Adventure: Create a game where players go door to door in a neighborhood collecting candy and treats while avoiding traps or creepy creatures that appear. Each successful visit can include answering questions about Halloween.

4. Witch’s Brew: Players can gather ingredients in a creepy forest to create potions. Different mini-games can unlock unique potions with different effects, and the environment can be filled with enchanted creatures.

5. Zombie Brawl: Set in a Halloween-themed post-apocalyptic world, players can gather resources, build up defenses, and fight off waves of zombies. Enabling a day/night cycle can add an element of horror, with more zombies appearing at night.

Game Features

• Customizable Characters: Players can customize their avatars with Halloween costumes. This adds personality and encourages interaction.

• Trivia and Quizzes: Integrate Halloween-themed quiz questions throughout the game. Correct answers can reward players with items or story progress, while incorrect answers can result in fun penalties (like a ghost appearing).

• Timed Quests: Offer quests that require players to complete tasks within a certain time frame, adding urgency and excitement.

• Hidden Objects: Create a treasure hunt aspect where players must find hidden objects in the environment to progress in the game.

• Seasonal Events: Consider adding special events or quests that change with the seasons, especially around Halloween, to keep the content fresh.

By integrating these ideas and features, you can create a fun and spooky top-down game that captures the spirit of Halloween. If you’d like to learn more about game mechanics or development tips, feel free to ask!

4 Likes

ideas

make a dark maze filled with loot(gadgets and heals) and enemies(sentries and players) first one the finish the maze alive wins.

2 Likes

Impressive!

Thanks @Monoreuk! This gives me some ideas of what to do. I like the different game types and features you included. I’m not sure which one I’ll do yet because I did like a few of your ideas, but this is very helpful.

These are pretty good ideas. Thanks!

I’m just wondering. As the first game feature, you said to possibly add custom Halloween avatars. Is there a way to do that in Gimkit Creative? The game already lets you buy and choose different gims, and people might have Halloween gims they can use for the game, but is there some way to give a player choices in-game? I’m not too sure what you mean by that.

I wrote this whole text in Russian (in a translator) and the translator translated my idea incorrectly, I don’t remember what I wanted to describe with this, so don’t pay attention to this idea

1 Like