I want to make an animated "..."

I want to make a loading pop up for when the game is started, it says “Loading…” but the “…” animates like “.” “…” “…” and repeats. Can someone tell me how to do that?

4 Likes

Several popups that go through really fast?

2 Likes

No, like one popup that cycles through the …'s

1 Like

First, you need something that repeats. So first you need recursion. To do this, set up the trigger with .1s delay. Now, you need something to track how many dots there are. So make a counter with a target of 3 and a default of 1. The counter should edit a property. Make the trigger set a text property to the amount of dots that the number property says. The text property should change the text whenever it changes.

4 Likes

You can make 3 popups that contain:
Loading…
Loading…
and open and close them

What’s a recursion? What device is that

Yeah basically what i said…

1 Like

I don’t think its a device…

Recursion is a concept. It is basically a system triggering itself.

2 Likes

What should edit a property? Like the number going up?

The counter.

so basically you play animation that after a picture is shown and disapears it triggers the next so kinda like a loop

How do I make a trigger set a text property?

so delayed repeaters that send out on channels then connect to the first repeater or idk its been a while since ive done all this technical stuff

I know you can animate props and terrain but im not super positive you can animate pop up text.

2 Likes

Use the set property block in blocks.

2 Likes

or like repeater trigger channel in that order

You’ll need if statements. So if the property is 1, then make the text have 1 dot and so on…

2 Likes

I don’t understand, can you show a photo or something?

1 Like

Ok.

3 Likes