I need some ideas for barrier art

omg
i shall not underestimate you barrier artists :saluting_face:

2 Likes

I know but itā€™s very fun

1 Like

Wait, can you teach me how?

Sure!
What previous knowledge do you have with programming?

Before you teach everyone you should check with @Blackhole927 he doesnt anyone to know how

Um, not muchā€¦

I donā€™t really intend to do it publicly lol, I can priv message.

So blackhole made the software?

Also @GimNo0b wolftech is not online
i dont think at least

1 Like

Not exactly. He gave me the basic webserver info, which I used to develop a similiar program. In the end itā€™s basic code, and Iā€™m assuming Blackhole doesnā€™t want people screwing with webserver requests (though Iā€™m not sure if much could be done besides client side)

Ok, I dont really need it anywasy

I think itā€™s because inappropriate things can be made. Now teach me please :smile: mentor.

Lets ask blackhole firstā€¦

So before I priv message you on about this, hereā€™s some public background info (Also idk how to really priv message).

Gimkit uses a websocket called Colyseus. The fact that it uses Colyseus is why he and others would recommend using Javascript. I personally use Python because Iā€™m used to it (though Iā€™m still in development/learning about modding gimkit with it).

Since Iā€™m kinda developing this right now, you can help lol.

We need to find how the websocket defines barriers in Gimkit.

Now Iā€™m not completely sure how to see this, so we need to experiment a little (once we do itā€™s not hard to send a request in almost any language).

Oh yeah and hereā€™s some reference for when I first started looking into the API and got referred to the websocket by blackhole.

(stop looking, this is deleted)

@GimSolver you should try to make a working lava lamp with barriers

Friendly reminder modding is pretty difficult, especially for those who donā€™t know much about coding haha

I donā€™t want people messing with generating images and importing them because once you know how, itā€™s trivially easy to import inappropriate media.

Barriers can only be so small, and there is also a 500 barrier limit. If the barrier limit was raised to like 3k or something, I could import some seriously detailed art.