I need help with my open world map

Hi! This is my first post on the forum page. I have been building the map for a while, about 6 months. I think it looks really good, but let me get to the topic. Basically my game is an open world game where you explore biomes and complete quests. Here are some pics:

Those show some of the main parts of what I have right now. All I need are some ideas and feedback because I am kinda stuck right now. Have a great day!

4 Likes

I like it! You appear to have better art sense than most people.

I suggest making sure you have enough mechanics so there is a lot to do.

3 Likes

It looks good! But only thing that might violate terms, not sure if your name showing that it does, Because I personally care about internet privacy, but just saying.

Continuing off that, it looks really good! I think it has lots of potential, but what’s the game about? (The Open World.)

2 Likes

thanks! i will remember that in the future. the game is really just a sandbox game where you try to find all the quests and explore each biome

3 Likes

Going off Cassius doomlorde, make sure you have lots of mechanics, as a good visual appealing game is always even better with good mechanics.

But maybe you can add enemies that can spawn? Or lore? Or even a teleporting mechanism to teleport to other places quicker.

2 Likes

good idea. i will look into it

3 Likes

i actually did the teleporting thing with a game overlay where when u enter a new area, you unlock the overlay. but i couldn’t stack overlays so it didn’t work

2 Likes

That’s easily solvable. Get a game overlay, and when you click it, go to a pop up. When popup closed, make it go to the next one. To prevent it from when you click on the call to actions, and it still goes on, because I had that problem, just make it broadcast a channel, I like close popup, to close it off, so it won’t continue.

2 Likes

Then maybe make it so you need to have a certain item, so when you unlock a new area, you can get a specific item. Use a checker to do that.

1 Like

thanks. i will try this, it seems really smart

2 Likes

Alright, good luck! And I hope if your playing with friends, you have fun! Because honestly looks really good.

Definitely gonna take notes for my map, lol.

1 Like

It looks really good so far. I think you just need to add more pebbles, small snow bumps, and small bushes. It does look like it’l be a good game though.

3 Likes